mind.pl

Post by Arthur T. Murr » Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:48:31

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
#
sub security;
sub sensorium;
sub emotion;
sub think;
sub volition;
sub motorium;
while (1) {
  security();
  sensorium();
  emotion();
  think();
  volition();
  motorium();
Quote:}

sub security {
# http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/acm.html#security
Quote:} def;

sub sensorium {
  # http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/acm.html#sensorium
  print "Press ENTER or ESCAPE key: ";
  $_ = <STDIN>;
  exit if (/^\027/);
Quote:} def;

sub emotion {
  # http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/acm.html#emotion
Quote:} def;

sub think {
  # http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/acm.html#think
Quote:} def;

sub volition {
  # http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/acm.html#volition
Quote:} def;

sub motorium {
  # http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/acm.html#motorium
Quote:} def;

#---

1. mind.pl discussion

ATM:
Although I am glad to see someone start to code Mind.pl,
I do not myself know Perl and I am so busy with the Mind
project in Forth and JavaScript, that I can only answer
questions about the Mind project in general; I can not
yet do any Perl programming.

If you were to put up a Web site where you make your
Mind.pl work available for others to look at, I could
link to the site from the Perl liaison page at
http://mind.sourceforge.net/perl.html -- with links.

Recently I have started a new Robot AI Mind site at
http://users.resentment.org/ai/ -- archival files.

That domain is one option for you to become a user
such as "perlai" or "perlmind".  Gee, we could
start a trend -- a community of AI projects.

The Robot AI Mind documentation is on-line at
http://mind.sourceforge.net/sitemap.html page.

If you were to start by coding a main loop like
http://mind.sourceforge.net/alife.html --
and if you put the code up on a website,
then maybe we could get other Perl programmers
(I know one here in Seattle) to work on the mind.pl AI.
Probably each mind.pl coder should put up a webpage,
so that the AI can "evolve" in loosely coordinated
evolution.

It would be good if we started a discussion on

http://lists.perl.org/showlist.cgi?name=perl-ai --

so that we can get help (and more mind.pl sites)
from your fellow Perl AI coders.

Would you be willing to answer this e-mail
in one of the forums listed above, with
Subject:  mind.pl discussion
or something like that,
so that we may carry on the mind.pl dialog
in public?  If so, please post a message
and send me an e-mail to let me know
that your "mind.pl discussion" message
has been posted.  In fact, I will post
a portion of this e-mail right now,
and you may either respond to it,
or see if anyone else responds.

Bye for now, and best of luck!

Sincerely,

Arthur T. Murray

2. Slitex Sty File

3. FA: $1.00 The Emperor's New Mind Concerning Computers, Minds, and the Law of Physics

4. cache

5. Forget Mind.REXX; go with Mind.Forth

6. wtb/t: amiga forever

7. Pl'z help a newbie and as early as possible

8. Where to get PC-Pine?

9. MasterMind variation - mastermi.pl [1/1]

10. Taxfree Job in Germany PL/SQL (Oracle 7) analyst/programmer

11. DYNACLIPS ** TO azygmunt@uci.agh.edu.pl

12. Getting yr act together for research: Yr comments pl.

13. Above msg for CERC: Pl ignore