I need help with FuzzyCLIPS, fuzzification

I need help with FuzzyCLIPS, fuzzification

Post by j.. » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

If you have used FuzzyCLIPS you may be able to help me.

I am building an expert system that will interpret statistics derived from different
configurations of a model.  I have created a fuzzy set using a deftemplate construct.  What I
would like to do is have the program determine the membership of a value input by the user -- and
then use the fuzzy representation for further "fuzzy" calculation in another part of the program.

For example:

(deftemplate sample-fuzzy-set
  0 1 units
    ((very_good (s .90 1))
      (good (pi .1 .83))
      (fair (pi .2 .63))
      (poor (z .35 .45))
      ))

The user inputs the value "(fact .94)", and I want the program to recognize this as a fuzzy fact
(fact very-good).  This could be done easily by testing the user input and then asserting the
appropriate fact.

I have read through the FuzzyCLIPS User's Guide several time and the solution to this problem
continues to evade me.  Any ideas that would point me in the right direction would be greatly
appreciated.

John Finkbeiner

Dept. of Geography
State University of New York at Buffalo