Undergrad & ALife

Post by Thomas J. Johnso » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

So what should an undergrad who wants to go on to graduate studies in ALife
study? I'm currently pursuing a major that I designed with elements of
biology, math, and computer sciene. I'm hoping to do an ALife simulator as
my senior project, maybe something combining ALife and CAs. Any
recommendations?

1. Alife programs for Macs &&&& PCs: Suggestion

I was not thinking of anything commercial, I just write for fun
and enjoyment and have never made a penny from anything I've done.

What I meant was that with the source code availible, if I can
twist it a bit to run on my computer (an Atari at the moment)
I will have done something new and interesting (to me, anyway)
and will have a program that otherwise I would not have.

I would not go as far as saying that there would be a demand for
commercial AL applications on other types of computers, but I do
think that there must be more people out there who, for one reason
or another, don't have PCs but still would take an interest in this
type of program.

George

--

2. POPs while recording audio CDs

3. Books On Alife For Undergrad Project

4. Amiga user coming you

5. Prolog & Lisp problems for UnderGrad Class

6. Response Class??

7. Alife programs for Macs && PCs: Suggestion

8. Xaw patch for S700 10.10?

9. Differences between AI, ALife & Neural Nets?

10. FracSaver 5.0, fractal & Alife freeware screen saver update

11. AI & ALIFE programs for PC

12. New Complexity & ALife site

13. CFP Spec.Iss./Epistemology & ALife