Graphical environments for learning algorithms

Graphical environments for learning algorithms

Post by Jean-Ronan Vigouro » Fri, 14 Sep 2001 08:22:06

Hello,

I am looking for a graphical environment for testing learning
algorithms, preferably one which could cope with huge databases.

Which one you recommend? Which are the tools freely available for
research to your knowledge?

Weka might be a solution, but I am not sure it can deal with millions
of records, since it is written in Java.

Thanks for your help.

Jean-Ronan

[ comp.ai is moderated.  To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]

[ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]

Post by Bernhard Pfahring » Fri, 14 Sep 2001 13:15:27

>Weka might be a solution, but I am not sure it can deal with millions
>of records, since it is written in Java.

Hi,

you are right, currently Weka will most likely not handle millions of
instances (unless they have rather few attributes, and you have
enough memory), but the reason is not Java! The reason is that
initially Weka was just aimed at demo/tutorial type of work.

Bernhard
Bernhard Pfahringer, Dept. of Computer Science, University of Waikato
http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~bernhard                  +64 7 838 4041