Artificial intelligence (AI) has been solved

Artificial intelligence (AI) has been solved

Post by Arthur T. Murr » Mon, 11 Aug 2003 00:38:26

Quote:> [...] Been MANY years since I read the sequals to Foundation,
> but, IIRC, the Zeroth Law was what R. Daneel Steel (I think)
> came up with on his (its) own:
> Law 0: A robot cannot through inaction or action allow or
> bring about events that would damage humanity-as-a-whole
> --or something along those lines.

Isaac Asimov's "Three Laws of Robotics" are listed at
http://www.auburn.edu/~vestmon/robotics.html (q.v.).

Quote:> Law Zero supercedes the normal 3 laws of robotics.
> I believe that R Daneel eventually ceased to exist due to
> the conflicts his insight generated because the 3 Laws were
> hardwired into him while the Zeroth Law was his own invention,
> but the robots that came after him were designed/programmed
> (by the other robots who had associated with R Daneel) to
> follow Law Zero automatically.

http://www.crackinguniversity2000.it/Agora/7256/robolaw.html

Quote:>> Also Asimov, as much as I loved his writing, was not
>> familiar with computers, and didnt even like using a
>> word processor... funny as it would seem... perhaps
>> in later years he became more up to date...

http://mentifex.virtualentity.com -- "AI has been solved"

Quote:> The insight about the need for 3 (or 4) laws for powerful AIs

--
http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/weblog.html "AI has been solved"

Artificial intelligence (AI) has been solved

Post by Hans-Georg Michn » Mon, 11 Aug 2003 00:29:44

Quote:>Isaac Asimov's "Three Laws of Robotics" are listed at
>http://www.auburn.edu/~vestmon/robotics.html (q.v.).

Arthur,

and nobody cares. Every Tomahawk cruise missile breaks them,
which is actually a flying robot. Every future military robot
will break them too, and I'd be surprised if the military
wouldn't adopt robot technologies early.

Hans-Georg
http://www.michna.com/transition.htm

--
No mail, please.

Post by Arthur T. Murr » Mon, 11 Aug 2003 02:25:55

Hans-Georg Michna writes on Sat, 09 Aug 2003:

>> Isaac Asimov's "Three Laws of Robotics" are listed at
>> http://www.veryComputer.com/~vestmon/robotics.html (q.v.).

> Arthur,

> and nobody cares. Every Tomahawk cruise missile breaks them,
> which is actually a flying robot. Every future military robot
> will break them too, and I'd be surprised if the military
> wouldn't adopt robot technologies early.

Nevertheless, the Asmimov laws are a background for discussion.

Meanwhile, the Mentifex AI project is branching out :-)

http://www.veryComputer.com/(DIY AI) is
detailed steps for launching AI Minds into *space.

Coders in any XYZ programming language may implement
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Each new AI Mind species may diverge from the framework
http://www.veryComputer.com/(q.v.).

Quote:

> Hans-Georg
> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> --
> No mail, please.

1. Artificial intelligence (AI) has been solved

You are right, and it is all spelled out in

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0595259227/ -- the AI textbook
-- describing how Artificial Intelligence has been solved in three ways --

http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/theory5.html Concept-Fiber Theory of
Mind;

http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/jsaimind.html Mind-1.1 AI source code;
and

AI4U: Mind-1.1 Programmer's Manual and textbook of artificial
intelligence,
which has the following positive and negative points.

+ It describes the rapidly evolving AI Minds on the Web.
- It quickly becomes obsolete as the AI hyper-evolves.
+ On-demand publishing (ODP) makes for quick updates.
- The Mentifex project is considered oddball on the 'Net.
+ You've got the first book about the first real AI Mind.
- There are other, better, more authoritative AI textbooks.
+ AI4U makes a good supplement for actually coding AI.
- Artificial intelligence is too hard to understand.
+ AI4U describes the AI while it is still easy to learn.
- "I would rather build robots than study AI programming."
+ If you want to build a smart robot, then AI4U is for you.
- "I'm only a high school student/teacher; what's the use?"
+ This book will challenge even the most gifted student.
- "I am not a programmer and so I can't code AI."
+ AI4U teaches you how to operate an AI, not just code it.
- "I just want to do Web design, not artificial intelligence."
+ AI4U provides an AI that you may install on your website.
- "I am more interested in neuroscience and/or psychology."
+ AI4U teaches a theory of how the brain works psychologically.

For an expert review of the Concept-Fiber Theory of Mind, see
http://www.sl4.org/archive/0205/3829.html by Ben Goertzel, Ph.D.

The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) has an archive of
"Mind.Forth: thoughts on artificial intelligence and Forth" at
http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/307824.307853 by Dr. Paul Frenger.

2. STL Files - I need some help on this......

3. Want to use Artificial Intelligence to solve problems?

4. FAQ: Sony CDU-55E IDE CDROM

5. Next AI Goal [Was: I have solved/will solve AI!]

6. Open CSV file in the Browser by Link Button

7. Having trouble herding artificial sheep.

8. Question

9. I have solved/will solve AI!

10. Artificial Intelligence as Artificial Life

11. Human-Computer Intelligence vs Artificial Intelligence

12. Artificial Intelligence and Intelligence