I need info. please

Post by tlewi » Tue, 04 May 1999 04:00:00

I trying to do some studies for my class on computer viruses. If anyone
has any newsgroups or useful information for me will you please send it
to me.

Thank You.

Tim

I need info. please

Post by Patrick Juo » Tue, 04 May 1999 04:00:00

>I trying to do some studies for my class on computer viruses. If anyone
>has any newsgroups or useful information for me will you please send it
>to me.

This is only borderline-relevant for AI; most viruses aren't "intelligent"
in a meaningful sense, and I'm not directly familiar with any AI work
on virus *detection* or *protection*, although I'm sure someone will
correct me if I'm wrong.

One source for useful information would be the Computer Emergency Response
Team (cert.org) which includes as part of its mission tracking and
identifying viruses.  In the past month they've released various
warnings about (inter alia) Melissa, Chernobyl, &c.

I think there's also a group comp.security that would have more
useful information.

        -kitten

1. Need Info On GA's.. Please help

Hi.

My name is Nivlesh Chandra and I am looking for information on Genetic
Algorithms. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me a url to an
online genetic algorithm tutorial which has both theory and practical. Reading
just theory makes me do some practical. Please help me out.

You can email me at

2. What is C:\IBMINST for?

3. Info Needed Please Help

4. way to add "alt text" filename in FP 2000 ?

5. I need Info--Please Help Me

6. time deamon and othe inetd.conf lines.

7. Info on systems needed. Please read

8. Combining NTFS and Shared Permissions

9. Needed: Info needed on fuzzy thresholding of images

10. Need Info Needed for Presentation on AI Applied to DoD Systems/Applications

11. Basic AI info on net, please

12. Wanted GenNets INFO, please!

13. Samuel's Checker Program Info Please