Fuzzy Interval Calculation in EXCEL

Post by aalwaz.. » Fri, 15 Aug 2003 06:46:39

I am looking for a way to represent Fuzzy numbers and calculations
using excel or Matlab.

>Subject: Re: Interval Calculation in EXCEL

>Thanks for the explanation, but what I am really looking for is how
>apply Fuzzy calculations using intervals represented by lower and
>upper limits. These limits can not have the same formula.

>Regards,

> As Jerry Lewis indicated, just array-enter the formula in the
> appropriate number of cells.  It is up to you to interpret the contents
> of those cells as a 'joint pair.'  Of course, since the cells contain an
> array-formula, one cannot be changed without the other and so, to that
> extent, the two cells will appear as one pair.

> --
> Regards,

> Tushar Mehta
> www.tushar-mehta.com
> Microsoft MVP -- Excel

> Subject: Re: Interval Calculation in EXCEL
>2 is the result of the first of 4 divisions (14/7).  To see all 4

>results, you have to select 4 adjacent columns in a row, type the
>formula and use Ctrl-Shift-Enter to array enter the formula.  Then
you
>will get each of the 4 answers, one per cell.

>It would be much simpler to enter a single equation in each cell,
unless
>you are using this as the argument of a function.

>Jerry

> > Is there any excel functions, programs or solvers that deal with intervals

> > Example:

> > [3,4]+[2,5]=[7,9]
> > [3,4]-[5,7]=[-4,-1]
> > [3,4]*[5,7]=[15,28]
> > [3,4]/[5,7]=[3/7,4/5]

Fuzzy Interval Calculation in EXCEL

Post by Oscar Duar » Sun, 17 Aug 2003 04:21:44

Take a look at:

Duarte, Delgado & Requena "Algorithms to extend crisp functions and
their inverse functions to fuzzy numbers". International Journal of
Intelligent Systems, Vol 18. Issue 8, August 2003 pp. 855-876.

Those algorithms use the limits of the alpha-cuts, so you can
implement them easy.

Oscar G. Duarte
Universidad Nacional de Colombia

> I am looking for a way to represent Fuzzy numbers and calculations
> using excel or Matlab.

> >Subject: Re: Interval Calculation in EXCEL

> >Thanks for the explanation, but what I am really looking for is how
> >apply Fuzzy calculations using intervals represented by lower and
> >upper limits. These limits can not have the same formula.

> >Regards,

> > As Jerry Lewis indicated, just array-enter the formula in the
> > appropriate number of cells.  It is up to you to interpret the contents
> > of those cells as a 'joint pair.'  Of course, since the cells contain an
> > array-formula, one cannot be changed without the other and so, to that
> > extent, the two cells will appear as one pair.

> > --
> > Regards,

> > Tushar Mehta
> > www.tushar-mehta.com
> > Microsoft MVP -- Excel

> > Subject: Re: Interval Calculation in EXCEL
> >2 is the result of the first of 4 divisions (14/7).  To see all 4

> >results, you have to select 4 adjacent columns in a row, type the
> >formula and use Ctrl-Shift-Enter to array enter the formula.  Then
>  you
> >will get each of the 4 answers, one per cell.

> >It would be much simpler to enter a single equation in each cell,
>  unless
> >you are using this as the argument of a function.

> >Jerry

> > > Is there any excel functions, programs or solvers that deal with intervals

> > > Example:

> > > [3,4]+[2,5]=[7,9]
> > > [3,4]-[5,7]=[-4,-1]
> > > [3,4]*[5,7]=[15,28]
> > > [3,4]/[5,7]=[3/7,4/5]

Fuzzy Interval Calculation in EXCEL

Post by Paul Victor Birk » Tue, 19 Aug 2003 06:02:55

Dear Oscar

Many of us are not near a University, could you put you paper on the
net-if at all possible.  thank you in advance
Paul

> Take a look at:

> Duarte, Delgado & Requena "Algorithms to extend crisp functions and
> their inverse functions to fuzzy numbers". International Journal of
> Intelligent Systems, Vol 18. Issue 8, August 2003 pp. 855-876.

> Those algorithms use the limits of the alpha-cuts, so you can
> implement them easy.

> Oscar G. Duarte
> Universidad Nacional de Colombia

>>I am looking for a way to represent Fuzzy numbers and calculations
>>using excel or Matlab.

>>>Subject: Re: Interval Calculation in EXCEL

>>>Thanks for the explanation, but what I am really looking for is how

>>>apply Fuzzy calculations using intervals represented by lower and
>>>upper limits. These limits can not have the same formula.

>>>Regards,

>>>As Jerry Lewis indicated, just array-enter the formula in the
>>>appropriate number of cells.  It is up to you to interpret the contents
>>>of those cells as a 'joint pair.'  Of course, since the cells contain an
>>>array-formula, one cannot be changed without the other and so, to that
>>>extent, the two cells will appear as one pair.

>>>--
>>>Regards,

>>>Tushar Mehta
>>>www.tushar-mehta.com
>>>Microsoft MVP -- Excel

>>>Subject: Re: Interval Calculation in EXCEL
>>>2 is the result of the first of 4 divisions (14/7).  To see all 4

>>>results, you have to select 4 adjacent columns in a row, type the
>>>formula and use Ctrl-Shift-Enter to array enter the formula.  Then

>> you

>>>will get each of the 4 answers, one per cell.

>>>It would be much simpler to enter a single equation in each cell,

>> unless

>>>you are using this as the argument of a function.

>>>Jerry

1. Fuzzy Excel add-ins?

We may have a potential application for fuzzy logic in
making asset allocation decisions in our investments group.
Is anyone aware of commercial Excel add-ins that would enable
implementing a simple fuzzy model? I know there are some
spreadsheet-like tools out there, but this needs to integrate
with an existing Excel model for the client.
--
Steve Colvin                            Staff Systems Analyst
Shell Oil Company, Westhollow Research Center  (713) 544-7559

2. Q:Mutoh LFP-Plotter

3. Interval Solver for Microsoft Excel

4. pocketpc 3.0 and GPRS-connections in germany

5. How to aggregate Fuzzy Intervals with Fuzzy Arithmetic?

6. Arcserve 6.1 problems (E0141 Failed to abort job ...)

7. Binary Fuzzy Calculations...

8. Why does etime() return negative numbers?

9. Additive Fuzzy System - Calculation Help

10. Algorithm for fuzzy "OR" calculations?

11. REQ: Software/Libraries for fuzzy calculations

12. Additive Fuzzy System - Calculation Help