Quantifiers in natural language

Post by Neli Endris » Fri, 22 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I have been trying to get some information about quantifiers in natural
language for quite a while now. I have also written to this newsgroup
some time ago, but maybe there there is someone who has got some new
information for me now.
More precisely speaking, I want to find out about the relationship
between quantifiers (like "many", "most", "some" etc.) and adverbs like
"perhaps", "probably"... I am trying to find out which coclusions one
can draw from a statement like "Most women read the newspaper in the
morning." Given that sentence and "Mary is a woman." one could
conclude that Mary  p r o b a b l y  reads the paper in the morning etc.
Does anybody know where I can find literature about that subject or to
which newsgroups I should mail for further help?
Thanks for your help, Neli
P.S. Please mail to my personal email-address as I don't read the
newsgroup articles regularly. Thanx!