CFP: Evolutionary Computation and Neural Networks Workshop (ECNN 2004) - Final Call

CFP: Evolutionary Computation and Neural Networks Workshop (ECNN 2004) - Final Call

Post by Paulo Cort » Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:33:30

Workshop: Evolutionary Computation and Neural Networks (ECNN)
Part of: Fourth International ICSC Symposium on ENGINEERING OF
INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS (EIS 2004)
Location: University of Madeira, Island of Madeira, Portugal
WWW Page: http://www.icsc-naiso.org/conferences/eis2004/ecnn.html

Important Dates
Submission Deadline: August, 15, 2003.
Notification: Setember 15, 2003.
Workshop: February 29 - March 3, 2004

Evolutionary Computation and Neural Networks (ECNN)

Organizers:
Paulo Cortez
Miguel Rocha

Abstract:
Within the Artificial Intelligence (AI) field, there has been a trend
to look at Nature for inspiration, when building problem solving
models. In particular, studies on the central nervous system and
biological evolution influenced the loom of powerful tools, such as
Neural Networks (NNs) and Evolutionary Computation (EC), that enriched
the design of intelligent systems in a broad set of applications (Data
Mining or Engineering tasks). Both methods can also be combined in
several ways, in order to gain improved performances.

The workshop is intended to gather researchers in these fields, with a
special interest for hybrid approaches.

Topics of interest (but not limited to):

    * Multilayer Perceptrons and Radial-Basis Functions
    * Data filtering for NN feeding
    * NN training and topology design methods
    * Ensembles (i.e., combining outputs of different NNs)
    * Genetic and Evolutionary Algorithms, Genetic and Evolutionary
Programming, Particle Swarms
    * Lamarck vs Baldwin evolution
    * Reinforcement learning and Game Playing
    * Artificial Life and Robotic environments
* Practical Applications of hybrid EC/NN methods

NOTE: All papers (max. 7 pages) must be submitted by email to the
respective session chairs. DO NOT submit these papers through general
conference submission.

Program Chairs:

    * Paulo Cortez (PhD, MSc)
    * Assistant Lecturer - Information Systems Department (DSI)
    * University of Minho, Campus de Azurem,
    * 4800-058 Guimaraes, Portugal
    * http://www.dsi.uminho.pt/~pcortez

    * Phone : +351 253510313
    * Fax:+351 253510300

    * Miguel Rocha (MSc)
    * Assistant Lecturer - Computer Science Department (DI)
    * University of Minho, Campus de Gualtar,
    * 4710-057 Braga, Portugal

    * Phone: +351 253604435
    * Fax: +351 253 604471

[ comp.ai is moderated.  To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]

[ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]

Post by Paulo Cort » Wed, 20 Aug 2003 08:06:23

> Workshop: Evolutionary Computation and Neural Networks (ECNN)
> Part of: Fourth International ICSC Symposium on ENGINEERING OF
> INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS (EIS 2004)
> Location: University of Madeira, Island of Madeira, Portugal
> WWW Page: http://www.icsc-naiso.org/conferences/eis2004/ecnn.html

Greetings,

The ECNN deadlines have been extended:

Submission Deadline             August 31, 2003
Notification                    September 30, 2003
Early registration              September 20 - October 15, 2003
Final Manuscripts               October 31 , 2003
Registration                    October 31 , 2003
Conference February             29 - March 2, 2004

Best regards,
Paulo Cortez

[ comp.ai is moderated.  To submit, just post and be patient, or if ]

[ ask your news administrator to fix the problems with your system. ]

1. CFP: Evolutionary Computation and Neural Networks Workshop (ECNN 2004)

WWW Page: http://www.icsc-naiso.org/conferences/eis2004/indexsp.html

[...]

Paulo Alexandre Ribeiro Cortez (PhD, MSc)
Assistant Lecturer - Information Systems Department (DSI)
University of Minho, Campus de Azurm,
4800-058 Guimaraes, Portugal
http://www.dsi.uminho.pt/~pcortez

Phone : +351 253510313
Fax:+351 253510300

Miguel Rocha (MSc)
Assistant Lecturer - Computer Science Department (DI)
University of Minho, Campus de Gualtar,
4710-057 Braga, Portugal

Phone: +351 253604435
Fax: +351 253 604471

2. Add split tunneling to my vpn group on PIX 515?

3. CFP: IUI 2004 and CADUI 2004

4. Any MCS Installs?

5. Final CFPs for the Evolutionary Computation Workshop

6. Spectrum 128 emulator for Amiga.

7. CFP: Preliminary Call for Interest, 2004 AAAI Fall Symposium Series

8. Port the uHAL to custom made hardware

9. CFP: First Call For Papers: Diagrams 2004

10. Second and Final CFP: special issue of Evolutionary Computation

11. FINAL CFP: Special Issue on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation for Signal Processing and Image Analysis