Show/Hide layers - want button to show a layer help?

Show/Hide layers - want button to show a layer help?

Post by local10 » Sat, 19 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hello:
I'm using Dreamweaver 3. I've created a button in Fireworks 3 to use in the
web page. I want the user to click on the button and have the button reveal
text that I've placed in a layer. I've tried selecting the button, then the
behaviours for the button, then clicking on the Show/Hide Layers option then
selecting the layer in the dialogue box.

This seems the logical route to take, however, it doesn't work (when I open
a browser IE5 or NS4.7) nothing happens. What did I miss? Thanks for any
help, Barbara

Show/Hide layers - want button to show a layer help?

Post by Sammim » Sat, 19 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Sounds like you're generally taking the right approach.  A URL would be most
helpful in diagnosing the problem.  Otherwise it's purely a guessing game.

Sammimo

--

Quote:> Hello:
> I'm using Dreamweaver 3. I've created a button in Fireworks 3 to use in
the
> web page. I want the user to click on the button and have the button
reveal
> text that I've placed in a layer. I've tried selecting the button, then
the
> behaviours for the button, then clicking on the Show/Hide Layers option
then
> selecting the layer in the dialogue box.

> This seems the logical route to take, however, it doesn't work (when I
open
> a browser IE5 or NS4.7) nothing happens. What did I miss? Thanks for any
> help, Barbara

Show/Hide layers - want button to show a layer help?

Post by Craig Foste » Sat, 19 Aug 2000 04:00:00

If you are attempting to apply the behavior t a template based
document see FAQ #20.
http://www.cauzway.net/dreamweaver/faqdetails.asp?FAQID=20

Otherwise open the properties palette and select the image
(button).

In the text box near the thumbnail of the button on the
properties palette, type a *unique*, and name for your image.

Now apply the show/hide layer behavior.

--
Craig Foster
Macromedia Tech Support Evangelist

Dreamweaver News & Information (DWN)
http://dwnews.owlnet.net/

New FAQ!
http://www.cauzway.net/dreamweaver/

"You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me."

1. show/hide layers doing the opposite of what I want

Hi...I have a layer that contains an image. I want to have the image be
hidden until the user runs the mouse across that area of the screen.

Here's what I've done:

.  set up a layer with an image, layer is "visible"
.  added a behavior: OnMouseOver to show layer
.  added another behavior: OnMouseOut to hide the layer

And wht happens, instead, is that when the user downloads the page, the
image displays automatically. Then, when the user runs the mouse over
the image, it disappears.

I want the complete opposite thing to happen.  I want it so that the
image -doesn't- display -until- the user runs the mouse over it.

I've tried reversing the behaviors, but that doesn't work.  Am I doing
something incorrectly? Is there another way to get this image swapping
thing to work?  (I've also tried image swap/restore image.)

Thanks for any leads.

Barbara

2. Flash won't save or test run my files

3. IE5, MAC, show/hide layer produces line around layers

4. flash & navigator issue

5. Linking a button to show/hide a layer ?

6. no user code function

7. show/hide Flash layer with button?

8. Browse Sequence in Compiled Help

9. menu button triggers hide/show layer

10. show/hide layers action applied to button?

11. toggle show/hide layers button?

12. Show/Hide layers from DW generated flash button

13. Toggle layers Show/Hide with same button