editing CSS source

Post by Nerfherde » Wed, 17 Jan 2001 03:39:22

Is there any way in the world to just edit the plain old CSS source (the
actual text file) in Dreamweaver? Right now, I just open it up in an
external text editor completely outside of Dreamweaver, and I wish there
were some way to do it internally.

Thanks!

editing CSS source

Post by Leffing » Wed, 17 Jan 2001 03:46:18

Yep, just doubleclick on the css file as seen in the site window.  It will
pop up with your styles and you can edit it from there.

> Is there any way in the world to just edit the plain old CSS source (the
> actual text file) in Dreamweaver? Right now, I just open it up in an
> external text editor completely outside of Dreamweaver, and I wish there
> were some way to do it internally.

> Thanks!

editing CSS source

Post by Murray R. Summer » Wed, 17 Jan 2001 04:31:10

Nerfherder:

In spite of Leffingt's response, it depends on what you mean by "source!"
DW has no facility that will let you *really* get at the source of a linked
CSS file, just the "effect" of a CSS file.  TopStyle is certainly the
program of choice for the folks around here if you really want access at the
source level.

--
Murray --- ICQ 71997575
Macromedia Evangelist

> Is there any way in the world to just edit the plain old CSS source (the
> actual text file) in Dreamweaver? Right now, I just open it up in an
> external text editor completely outside of Dreamweaver, and I wish there
> were some way to do it internally.

> Thanks!

editing CSS source

Post by Patty Ayer » Wed, 17 Jan 2001 04:44:10

Nerf - Here's what I just did, which works great for me:

Edit...Preferences....File Types / Editors
In the left column, add ".css" (w/o the quotes) as a file type
In the right column, browse to Notepad and select it. It will now be the
primary External Editor for css files.
Now, find the css file in the Site Manager window and rightclick it. "Open
with notepad" is now there. Select that and your css file opens with
notepad.
It will now be set to view css in Notepad anytime you wish.

- Courtesy of Corey Eiges.

--
Patty Ayers

DW Resources:
http://www.thepattysite.com/dreamweaver
Some DW FAQs:
http://www.thepattysite.com/dreamweaver/faq.html
CSS Link Styles Tutorial:
http://www.thepattysite.com/dreamweaver/linkstyles.html

"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when you looked
at it in the right way, did not become still more complicated."
Poul Anderson (b. 1926), U.S. science fiction writer

editing CSS source

Post by Patty Ayer » Wed, 17 Jan 2001 04:54:58

(Sorry if this is a double-post - the first one appeared to be lost in the
ozone.)

Nerf - Here's what I do - works great for me:

[...]

Post by Frozen Car » Wed, 17 Jan 2001 06:58:50

Quote:>> - Courtesy of Corey Eiges

"Courtesy???"
You're gonna ruin my rep, Patty.
:~)

--
Corey Eiges
testimonials:

Registry Utilities for Dreamweaver 2 & 3
Sample Web Design Contract
http://YouNeedaWebstore.com/dreamweaver/

Registry Utilities for UltraDev v1
http://youneedawebstore.com/dreamweaver/ultradev/

editing CSS source

Post by Patty Ayer » Wed, 17 Jan 2001 07:17:06

Quote:> >> - Courtesy of Corey Eiges...

... a perfect gentleman, but definitely not normal...   lol..

Is that better?   =)

--
Patty Ayers

DW Resources:
http://www.thepattysite.com/dreamweaver
Some DW FAQs:
http://www.thepattysite.com/dreamweaver/faq.html
CSS Link Styles Tutorial:
http://www.thepattysite.com/dreamweaver/linkstyles.html

"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when you looked
at it in the right way, did not become still more complicated."
Poul Anderson (b. 1926), U.S. science fiction writer

1. Editing a flash file without the source

Hi All,
I have a .swf file of an animation that I want to put in a flash movie I'm
making. I don't have the .fla file of the animation.
I imported the .swf file into my .fla file. The animation from the .swf file
came out as several frames with no tweening.
I want to reduce the size of my final.fla file by recreating the tweening.
How do I do that?
The animation involves drawing of a very big 'e'
Thanks
Akuba

2. Void with getURL

3. editing source code..

4. Changing imprinted dates

5. editing JavaScript source files (.js) with DW

6. Video lags when effect plays. Please help.

7. DW4 Source Code Editing

8. Flash-DHTML Glitch

9. Stopping DW from editing your source

10. Editing the Source.Format.profile file.

11. XXX- Trouble Editing in HTML Source Editor -XXX

12. Help. program crashes when editing html source

13. Problems editing source png in Fireworks...