Extending Components

Post by ohnny » Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:25:34

Hello all:

 I am trying to add a little more functionality to the TextArea component.
However, how do I go about getting a new component setup with almost identical
functionality to show up in the Components panel.  All I want to do is have all
of the TextArea functionality but add a little bit and so would like to start
w/Macromedia's base and then extend the TextArea.

 Is there any information out there on how to do this besides starting from
scratch or extending the UIComponent only?

 Thanks,

 John

Extending Components

Post by ohnny » Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:25:29

Hello all:

 I am trying to add a little more functionality to the TextArea component.
However, how do I go about getting a new component setup with almost identical
functionality to show up in the Components panel.  All I want to do is have all
of the TextArea functionality but add a little bit and so would like to start
w/Macromedia's base and then extend the TextArea.

 Is there any information out there on how to do this besides starting from
scratch or extending the UIComponent only?

 Thanks,

 John

1. Extending Components problem

ISSUE 1
I have created a component that is an aggregation of 2 FUI components (scrollbar and checkbox) plus a texfield.

It all works as I want

-- except --

when I add it back into the component pallate it includes not only my new component but also the 2 FUI components (I assume it does this becuase they are in the library of the fla file when I save it
--
how do I stop these components being included as componets on -my- tab in the components pallete, I want people to only see my new component, as they already have the scrollbar and checkbox on the FUIComponent tab

ISSUE 2
When my component is resized how do I make it so instead of scaling it leaves everything unchanged except it makes the textfield bigger (ie able to contain more text -- not the same text at a bigger font)

Thanks
Rob

2. what is / how to undo 'Remove Conn Scripts' under 'Site'

3. Extending Components

4. Mediawave Colombia

5. Extending components article

6. Help!! Desperate: cfcontent and msword or excell

7. Extending Components

8. Connection to a contribute website with dreamweaver?

9. Problems extending components

10. Extending Quiz Components to allow more text

11. Extending V2 Components

12. extending UI Components