Protect swf file from being downloaded into Temp Folder

Protect swf file from being downloaded into Temp Folder

Post by Asad Chaudar » Sat, 07 Apr 2001 01:30:06

I am working on a mini flash project and have noticed that there are many
sites that prevent their swf files from being downloaded into the
Temporary Internet folder of your C drive. I know there are various
publish settings which I can use to protect my movie.

This is something that i would like to implement with my files, to prevent
people from stealing them.  So I was wondering if anyone is would be able
to tell me how you can do this.  Is it a script or something in HTML?

Many thanks
Asad

Post by Nicolas Kaise » Sat, 07 Apr 2001 01:50:38

> I am working on a mini flash project and have noticed that there are many
> sites that prevent their swf files from being downloaded into the
> Temporary Internet folder of your C drive. I know there are various
> publish settings which I can use to protect my movie.

Sorry to tell you that there is no such thing.
The only way to protect scripting is to do it on the server side.
What you can do else is to try to annoy people who want to dismantle your
work by dynamically loading contents using many small movies.
That makes it harder to rip your content than a single file.

hth
Nicolas Kaiser

1. Preventing access to .swf through temp folder...

This inquiry might have been posted previously...
Apologies for the redundancy if it was.

If presenting a .swf to a client for approval, how does one prevent said
client from gaining a copy of the SWF from the "windows/temporary internet
files" folder?
Is it possible to do something to ensure the client cannot have a copy until
it is sent?

Thanks in advance,

Thrills.

2. Support file resolution

3. Can you protect an image from being downloaded?

4. clearing filed entries

5. How to Protect an SWF file from being downloaded?

6. Severe issues when integrating flash paper in director

7. How do I Protect an SWF file from being downloaded?

8. Opinion : Selfish!

9. Deleting .swf file in Temp directory?

10. I downloaded your Macromedia Flash file format (SWF) SDK in JAVA

11. protect .swf file

12. how to protect swf file downloading from server

13. how do you protect your swf file?