Advice for the ignorant newbee

Post by nick/slickrendere » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 00:14:48

I have a flash scene(Z) with a circle in the middle. Now in the circle I want a slide show of different images say 10 images.

Question- Which is quicker to view on the net/download.

a. Put all the images in the same scene with "go to frame..." action or
b. DUPLICATE/COPY the scene 10 times with different images and connect them together by "get URL" action?

I was thinking if I use option *a. then all the 10 images have to download at the same time......with option *b. do all the images get downloaded at the same time as well or does it act like 10 pages....the common scene gets downloaded once in the beginning  and on clicking next the image information gets downloaded one at a time seperately 10 times....thus acting faster to view on the net.

I hope someone understands my question :-(

Advice for the ignorant newbee

Post by phatko » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 03:20:54

neither a nor b.
i would "park" all those images using the Load Movie command.
place each image in its own SWF, keep frame 1 empty with stop(); action,
frame 2 with image and stop(); action.
next, from frame action in main movie - use Load Movie command to
dynamically load each SWF into its own level. they will appear invisible
since there's nothing but stop(); action on first frame. By the time the
user gets to section of main movie to click button to view images - they
should be loaded. then button action will look like:

on (release) {
_levelx.gotoAndPlay(2);

Quote:}

:: chris georgenes ::
:: www.mudbubble.com ::
:: team macromedia volunteer for flash ::
:: www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia ::
:: http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en&as_ugroup=*flash* ::

1. Flash bug or just ignorant me?

Ok, this seems really weird to me.

I'm making a flash animation and added a simple graphic animation of a
rotating arrow, added this little animation on ten places (it's basically a
windmill).

Anyway, suddenly I got a dramatic size increase. My little graphic added
100k to my animation. The weird thing here is that when I simply selected
all clips and showed as them as movie clips instead of graphics, the
filesize was back 100k lower.

Is this a well known fact that the same movie clip displayed on screen as a
graphic creates a bigger swf than when it's displayed as a movie clip?

Basically, I just select the clips and change the "behavior" in the
"instance" panel, and I get a dramatic size change. I get the EXACT same
results, though.

This shouldn't be right, now should it?

/Oskar, pixShift

2. Dynamic images not working from Access97

3. i am ignorant and need your help!

4. InDesignPI plug failed to initialize using Acrobat

5. macintosh ignorant

6. dynamic text into components 2 ticker - how to

7. Ignorant newbie pleads for help

8. newbie question

9. OT: Ignorant Newbie

10. Am I ignorant?