stupid newbee question

Post by MH Holde » Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I've been trying to make some images that are basically just text. My output
format is GIF and I want the background to be transparent. Seems simple
enough but I guess I'm just making harder then it needs to be.
Whenever I view the GIF in the browser I get a ragged edge halo of the
background color around the text. How do I make a clean image???
I've seen some text GIF images that are, in my eye,  just great (project
seven for one). The edges of the letters display clean and sharp, and some
of the images contain drop shadowing or embossed effects as well. What's the
trick in setting up the file content for a clean export to GIF format.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
--
MH Holden

stupid newbee question

Post by Nigel Hil » Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I don't think this is a Flash question.

Nigel,

Quote:> I've been trying to make some images that are basically just text. My
output
> format is GIF and I want the background to be transparent. Seems simple
> enough but I guess I'm just making harder then it needs to be.
> Whenever I view the GIF in the browser I get a ragged edge halo of the
> background color around the text. How do I make a clean image???
> I've seen some text GIF images that are, in my eye,  just great (project
> seven for one). The edges of the letters display clean and sharp, and some
> of the images contain drop shadowing or embossed effects as well. What's
the
> trick in setting up the file content for a clean export to GIF format.
> Thanks for any help you can provide.
> --
> MH Holden

stupid newbee question

Post by knuffe » Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:00:00

What about using Fireworks instead of Flash ?

Greetz

Knuff

1. Stupid Stupid Question

Ok,

I should know better, but here goes

I made a movie clip that acts as the interface for a site.  It looks
like a pulldown menu.  Each menu (which are movie clips) have 3 -6
buttons.  I can assign a get URL action to each button (on press) but I
can't seem to get the button to work with a Go to action to another
scene.

What am I doing wrong?

 I am using Flash 5 on a mac.

MuD

2. Linking to a Named Anchor inside of a layer

3. Stupid stupid question

4. Creating 3D Patterned Cubes in Illustrator

5. Newbee question;

6. Flash and HotMedia?

7. newbee question

8. emailing from Album 2.0