Preloader - time remaining

Post by Phil Kirkman | Two Legs Ba » Thu, 07 Mar 2002 20:52:29

How do I display time remaining - what's the variable for bit rate - I can't
seem to find it...

Phil

--
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
     -- A. Einstein

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Preloader - time remaining

Post by Chris Magagn » Fri, 08 Mar 2002 01:12:43

Quote:> How do I display time remaining - what's the variable for bit rate - I
can't
> seem to find it...

There is no variable for bit rate. You'd have to periodically get the
elapsed time, calculate how much was loaded in the last interval, and keep
and update either a total or running average.

Good luck,

Chris

Preloader - time remaining

Post by urami » Fri, 08 Mar 2002 19:34:56

Quote:> How do I display time remaining - what's the variable for bit rate - I can't
> seem to find it...

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=+speed+group:macromedia.flash+autho...

Preloader - time remaining

Post by Phil Kirkman | Two Legs Ba » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 17:04:38

Thanks Chris & Urami - that helps a lot...

P.

Quote:

> > How do I display time remaining - what's the variable for bit rate - I
can't
> > seem to find it...

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=+speed+group:macromedia.flash+autho...
_&hl=en&selm=3C0E4D45.1291403B%40FlashFugitive.com&rnum=3

1. preloader with estimated time remaining

Hi,

I have a standard preloader (progress bar and percentage loaded) but I want to add an estimated time remaining. I want it to update as the movie loads so it would check a connection speed at a set interval (just in case it changes as the movie loads) and figure out that it will take about 3:37 (or whatever the time may be) to download and then count down from there. If that isn't possible I would at least like to say something like "3 minutes remaining" , "2 minutes remaining", etc. Can anyone help me with the code to do something like this?

Thanks

Referring URLs

2. Show Records Problem

3. remaining time download

4. ASP?

5. Showing time remaining in a movie

6. How can I check Shockwave and netscape versions

7. Time Remaining ...

8. can't find dll upon startup

9. Time remaining

10. time remaining in seconds

11. preloader crashes Netscape 4.0 and above every time.

12. Time left / Preloader Problems

13. Preloader issue. Time crunch.