external movies n txtfiles

Post by Rob Dillo » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:05:09

Hi Stefan,

It sounds like either the about movie isn't loading or the external text
file isn't loading. Have you tested to see if the about movie is loading? Or
can you see some evidence that it is loading?

Does the text file load under other circumstances, like when you test the
about movie alone?

--
Rob
----------

external movies n txtfiles

Post by Stefa » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:00:00

Hi,

I have this mainmovie which is the placeholder for some external movies. The
navigation is in the mainmovie. When you, for intance, press the about
button, it loads the about movie into the mainmovie. The aboutmovie is
supposed to load an external txt file. However.... it doesn't show any text
when I run the mainmovie swf.

Anyone knows a solution to this? TIA

Hope I made myself clear.

stefan

external movies n txtfiles

Post by Stefa » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:17:59

Hi Rob,

I have tested the about movie and it loads the txtfile. The problem occurs
when I play the mainmovie/placeholder. Mainmovie does load the aboutmovie
when called for, but doesn't load the txt file.

Quote:> Hi Stefan,

> It sounds like either the about movie isn't loading or the external text
> file isn't loading. Have you tested to see if the about movie is loading?
Or
> can you see some evidence that it is loading?

> Does the text file load under other circumstances, like when you test the
> about movie alone?

> --
> Rob
> ----------
> Rob Dillon
> Team Macromedia
> http://www.ddg-designs.com
> 412-243-9119

external movies n txtfiles

Post by urami » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:54:27

Quote:> I have this mainmovie which is the placeholder for some external movies. The
> navigation is in the mainmovie. When you, for intance, press the about
> button, it loads the about movie into the mainmovie. The aboutmovie is
> supposed to load an external txt file. However.... it doesn't show any text
> when I run the mainmovie swf.

I'm pretty sure while u design the Load Variable action you specify level0 .
While loading the movie into holder or level the path is changed so you will need
to refer using the path .
say _root.Placeholder
or simply change it to TARGET but keep it blank , you should be able to see it than....

external movies n txtfiles

You were certain sure :-) It works. I thank you!