Flash and Pocket PC?

Post by Chad Car » Sat, 19 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know if Flash 5.0 will be compatible with Pocket Internet
Explorer on the new Pocket PC? Or, is there a way to play flash files on
Pocket PCs without Internet Explorer?

Thanks,

Chad

Flash and Pocket PC?

Post by Adam Burtc » Tue, 22 Aug 2000 04:00:00

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 14:05:51 -0500, "Chad Carr"

>Does anyone know if Flash 5.0 will be compatible with Pocket Internet
>Explorer on the new Pocket PC? Or, is there a way to play flash files on
>Pocket PCs without Internet Explorer?

Hi Chad:

I don't have specific information about the PocketPC, but the best
place to ask would be at the website of either the folks who produce
the pocket PC, or Microsoft's.

The Flash player is an open source license, which means that anyone
who wishes to can adapt it to their platform may do so.

Sincerely,
Adam Burtch
Macromedia Tech Support/Flash
-- Please reply to the newsgroup for the benefit of all.
-- and PLEASE read the Flash newsgroup FAQ at
       http://www.macromedia.com/go/3535

Flash and Pocket PC?

Post by Chad Car » Tue, 22 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Thanks, Adam. I checked with the Pocket PC and they pointed me to the Pocket
Spark player by www.conduit.com but that is only supporting Flash 3.0. I
hope there will be a newer player that comes out or that Pocket IE will
support Flash 5.0 files.

thanks again,

Chad