Lead Tools problem (crashes the IDE)

Post by gruh » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I am using LeadTools 9. I have a small application with a TLEAD control on
the main form. And I get crashes quite frequently. If I try to build, it may
crash. If I click on the control, it may crash. Today, I typed some code and
it crashed. This happens to varying degrees on different machines and makes
development kinda tricky.

Is it only me? Do other people have this trouble? Can it be made to go away?
Has the 9 to 10 upgrade helped anybody?

 - gruhn

Lead Tools problem (crashes the IDE)

Post by Sim Zack » Tue, 24 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Lead Tools told me it was a Delphi 3 problem in the way it handles OCX's. They
said it was fixed in Delphi 4. I had a number of problems with other OCXs in
Delphi 3 too. So I believed them

Sim

> I am using LeadTools 9. I have a small application with a TLEAD control on
> the main form. And I get crashes quite frequently. If I try to build, it may
> crash. If I click on the control, it may crash. Today, I typed some code and
> it crashed. This happens to varying degrees on different machines and makes
> development kinda tricky.

> Is it only me? Do other people have this trouble? Can it be made to go away?
> Has the 9 to 10 upgrade helped anybody?

>  - gruhn

Lead Tools problem (crashes the IDE)

Post by gruh » Tue, 24 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Lead Tools told me it was a Delphi 3 problem in the way it handles OCX's.
They
>said it was fixed in Delphi 4

Maybe their copy of D4.

Maybe I try a reinstall of D4. I do have the LeadTools working mostly OK at
home.

Thanks.

 - Gruhn

1. IDE crashes on DrawIndexedPrimitives call

I posted a question here a number of days ago but it wasn't very well
researched.  I've been writing a 3D engine in Visual Basic 6 with DirectX
8.1, and any call to DrawIndexedPrimitive results in an automation error
(I'm using the debug runtimes).  I've tried downloading example source code
from tutorial sites that use the call, they also generate the exact same
error.  When using the retail runtimes, the call goes through but
occasionally generates an automation error and kills the IDE.  Yes, I have
the latest drivers.  I've also tried different video cards and drivers, but
the call still generates the automation error.  I've reformatted my
development system and reinstalled 2K, DirectX, and all the drivers but it
still generates the automation error.  Other drawing calls work great,
DrawPrimitive, DrawPrimitiveUp, mesh.DrawSubset, etc, all work without a
hitch.  However, no DrawIndexedPrimitive call will function with the debug
runtimes and with the retail runtimes cause crashes.  All my games work
fine.  Does anyone have any possible idea what the problem might be?  Could
it be my video card?  My OS?  Is there a memory allocation problem?  Please
help!

2. CGM Graphics

3. OpenGL - Crashes in IDE - Runs OK in Windows

4. Can u go back to MAX3 from MAX4?

5. Need Help finding Lead Tools

6. Constrain a locator to vertex

7. Lead Tools: Copy a floater to another LeadImage control

8. Mac Draw 6 and PC Draw 8 compatibility issues

9. Lead Tools vs Imagelib?

10. JOB OPENINGS - Lead Artist, Lead Designer

11. Burbank, CA. -- Lead 3D Character Animator and Lead Technical Director

12. JOB OPENINGS - Lead artist, lead designer

13. Burbank, CA. -- Lead 3D Character Animator and Lead Technical Director