Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

Post by Roger Mackenzi » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I'm making a dial gauge.  I draw the background and foreground into
TBimaps and when the Component is repainted the bitmaps are copryRect to
a TImage job.  It flickers. * it flickers.
    When it is repainting it is note creating the images so why the
flicker??

  dataflow.vcf
< 1K Download

Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

Post by Earl F. Glyn » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm making a dial gauge.  I draw the background and foreground into
> TBimaps and when the Component is repainted the bitmaps are copryRect to
> a TImage job.  It flickers. <expletive deleted> it flickers.
>     When it is repainting it is note creating the images so why the
> flicker??

Look for links about Flicker Elimination in Section B of
http://www.efg2.com/lab/library/Delphi/Graphics/Algorithms.htm

efg
_________________________________
efg's Computer Lab:  http://www.efg2.com/lab

Overland Park, KS  USA

Post by Josef Garv » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> I'm making a dial gauge.  I draw the background and foreground into
> TBimaps and when the Component is repainted the bitmaps are copryRect to
> a TImage job.  It flickers. * it flickers.

Please, pay attention to your language.

Quote:>     When it is repainting it is note creating the images so why the
> flicker??

Are you calling the invalidate or repaint methods of your gauge component?
If so, this will cause the background to be redrawn before painting the
contents onto the component.

--
Josef Garvi
Eden Foundation, Skreav. 45B, S-311 72 Falkenberg, Sweden

WWW: http://www.veryComputer.com/

Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

Post by Thomas Ros » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi Roger,

Have you tried "painting" in the background, ie. to a bitmap in memory,
and then paint this bitmap to the visual canvas?

 - Thomas

Post by Bill Zissimopoulo » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> I'm making a dial gauge.  I draw the background and foreground into
> TBimaps and when the Component is repainted the bitmaps are copryRect
> a TImage job.  It flickers. * it flickers.
>     When it is repainting it is note creating the images so why the
> flicker??

Without code it is difficult to see the problem. From the way you
describe it you are using an offscreen bitmap to prepare the image,
which is the right thing to do! Have you trapped the WM_ERASEBKGND
message to make sure that your control does not erase the background
before repainting your image?

Bill

Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

Post by Roger Mackenzi » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Thanx All.  I was suppressing the background earase, but the problem (why?)
was I was useing TImage.  I Changed to TPaintBox and I was away.

  dataflow.vcf
< 1K Download

Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

Post by Kay Schube » Sun, 11 Jul 1999 04:00:00

On Fri, 09 Jul 1999 10:36:14 -0700, Roger Mackenzie

>Thanx All.  I was suppressing the background earase, but the problem (why?)

TImage supports transparency. Therefore the background has to be
painted at first always. TPaintBox doesn't do this.
Quote:>was I was useing TImage.  I Changed to TPaintBox and I was away.

Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

Post by Thomas Weiner » Tue, 13 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Using a TImage/TPaintbox???

Why don't you use TGraphicContol and
create a own omponent?

cu
thomas weinert

Kay Schubert

schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:

| On Fri, 09 Jul 1999 10:36:14 -0700,
Roger Mackenzie

| >Thanx All.  I was suppressing the
background earase, but the problem
(why?)
| TImage supports transparency.
Therefore the background has to be
| painted at first always. TPaintBox
doesn't do this.
| >was I was useing TImage.  I Changed
to TPaintBox and I was away.

Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

Post by Konstantin Knip » Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Please, pay attention to your language.

Flicker, flicker, little star !

Post by Roger Mackenzi » Fri, 16 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Using a TImage/TPaintbox???

> Why don't you use TGraphicContol and
> create a own omponent?

> cu
> thomas weinert

Fear, feeling of inadequacy, bad speller, Thx

  dataflow.vcf
< 1K Download

Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

Post by Renee Della Fav » Mon, 09 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Send me some E-Mail to explain how I can do this and I will.. I'm trying
to display Ansi Controll codes and have tons of difficulty.

> Using a TImage/TPaintbox???

> Why don't you use TGraphicContol and
> create a own omponent?

> cu
> thomas weinert

> Kay Schubert

> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:

> | On Fri, 09 Jul 1999 10:36:14 -0700,
> Roger Mackenzie

> | >Thanx All.  I was suppressing the
> background earase, but the problem
> (why?)
> | TImage supports transparency.
> Therefore the background has to be
> | painted at first always. TPaintBox
> doesn't do this.
> | >was I was useing TImage.  I Changed
> to TPaintBox and I was away.

1. Flicker Flicker Flicker and big Bitmaps

This is mainly to Earl F. Glynn.

How many times have you answered this question:
  How can I do flickerfree animations?

Or how about this one, I know I have asked this question myself:
  How can I do to display a realy large Bitmap?

I just want to say that you do a good job, answering these questions all the
time.
You deserve some credits, and your homepage is so neat.

regards David

2. *Sombody* please help (3ds Inline drivers)

3. Flicker with Irfanview

4. OpenGL question - how to start?

5. eliminating flicker

6. ExplodePlugin

7. need help with flicker problem

8. What Is Sector Flowing?

9. Flicker when panning an image

10. Flicker Light Studio presents Tom Repasky

11. Flickering mouse cursor

12. SciTech Display Doctor Flickers

13. Flickering Animations