JPG thumbnails w/o using canvas

Post by Michael Kochendoerfe » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 08:08:44

There are many, many examples out there for creating thumbnails from a
JPEG, but I wonder why there's no one without using canvas. I can't use
'the' canvas because I've to convert on-the-fly on a webserver application.

Has anyone an idea how to do this?

TIA
- Michael

Post by Gary William » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 10:35:26

> There are many, many examples out there for creating thumbnails from a
> JPEG, but I wonder why there's no one without using canvas. I can't use
> 'the' canvas because I've to convert on-the-fly on a webserver
application.

> Has anyone an idea how to do this?

Create and use a TBitmap object, which has its own canvas.

-Gary