TDDBltFX type declaration in Delphi-Jedi translated headers error

TDDBltFX type declaration in Delphi-Jedi translated headers error

Post by Disgrac » Mon, 13 Dec 1999 04:00:00

When compiling projects that use the delphi translation headers for directX6
in Delphi 5, i get this following error:

[Error] DDraw.pas(184): Type 'IDirectDrawSurface' needs finalization - not
allowed in variant record
[Error] DDraw.pas(191): Type 'IDirectDrawSurface' needs finalization - not
allowed in variant record
[Error] DDraw.pas(201): Type 'IDirectDrawSurface' needs finalization - not
allowed in variant record
[Error] DDraw.pas(208): Type 'IDirectDrawSurface' needs finalization - not
allowed in variant record
[Error] DDraw.pas(220): Type 'IDirectDrawSurface' needs finalization - not
allowed in variant record
[Error] DDraw.pas(578): Type 'IDirectDrawSurface' needs finalization - not
allowed in variant record
[Error] DDraw.pas(580): Type 'IDirectDrawSurface' needs finalization - not
allowed in variant record
[Fatal Error] DDraw.pas(4652): Could not compile used unit 'DXCommon.pas'

Anyone that would like to help me out, or can help me out, please reply =)

Thanks,

Scott Woolcox
Programming Dept.
Autodata Solutions Company

1. Using jedi DX8 headers / Samples

Hi,

i downloaded the jedi DX8 headers and some samples
(from http://www.crazyentertainment.net/samples.php?section=directx )
, but couldn't get them to run.

TerrainRottger gives me a
Incompatible Types: TDIDataFormat and PDIDataFormat
in DX8Input.pas

2D SpritesU demo starts, then closes without doing anything.

SampleX11 - Octree starts, then closes without doing anything.

SampleX12 - vertex shading states
"Error initializing 3D Hardware.
You need a directX 8 compatible 3D card to run this sample.
If you have your desktop on 24 or 32 bpp, please try to change it
to 16 bpp"

Well, i can partially understand this one, as my trusty old
ATI Rage 128 doesn't have hardware vertex shaders - but isn't
DirectX supposed to emulate that in Software?

Did someone get those samples to run?

--
                                                   Andreas
To boldly go where no sane person has gone before

2. Colormaps with Menus broken in Inventor2.1?

3. 2D lighting in Direct Draw using JEDI converted headers

4. All my tutorials in one handy zip file

5. problem with jedi DirectX headers

6. Editing PDF Files

7. OpenGL Jedi Headers

8. GIS Usenet

9. Using DirectX Headers from the Jedi Project

10. API type declarations for Comctl32.dll

11. Using DirectX from Delphi-Jedi

12. Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast / OpenGL