Shell32 Icons

Post by T.G » Tue, 16 Oct 2001 21:51:33

Hi,
    How do I load icons from Shell32.dll from my applications?  I used the
resource hacker to see the icons and they are 32x32. Is there a smaller
version of icon available somewhere else?

Thanks

Shell32 Icons

Post by Colin Wilso » Wed, 17 Oct 2001 00:06:31

> How do I load icons from Shell32.dll from my applications?  I used the
> resource hacker to see the icons and they are 32x32. Is there a smaller
> version of icon available somewhere else?

The icons in Shell32 each have at least a 32x32 and a 16x16 version.
They've often got 256 color and 48x48 versions as well.

Presumably the .ico files produced by ResourceHacker contain all the
different images.

You can use the free resource editor avaliable on my website to extract
ico files from a dll that contain just the resolutions and sizes you
wantr...

Colin

web: http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/delphi.htm

1. AVI's in Shell32.DLL

Jos,

If you have Delphi 4, drop a TAnimate component (found on the Win32 page) on the
form.  Set it's CommonAVI property to aviCopyFiles (or any other property you
like) and set Active := True.

That's what you want, right?

I can't help you with Delphi 2 or 3.

Jon.

2. MIX graphics file conversion

3. ICONS - CREATING ICON.DLL or ICON.EXE FROM *.ICO

4. Help with metafiles

5. Icons and Icon Editors - Request

6. Question...???

7. Converter PC Icons to MAC Icons

8. Help need to change Mac Icons to Windows Icons

9. Icons inactive after pressing the draw icon

10. Windows icons to OpenGL icons

11. (XP icons) 32-bits-per-pixel Icons in a Image control

12. Form Icon - How to get small icon