WGL_ARB_extensions_string

Post by Kursa » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 18:33:27

Hi there,
I have an OpenGL based program. When I run the program, it says
:'WGL_ARB_extensions_string unsupported' and terminates. What should I do to
support this WGL_ARB_extensions_string?

Thanks for help.

WGL_ARB_extensions_string

Post by Andrew Jameso » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 19:30:48

ARB (Architecture Review Board) extensions are 'newish' additions to the
OpenGL functionality that continues to be extended ... it is a very wise
precaution for OpenGL applications to test for the existance of such
extensions and, as you've discovered, your system doesn't support them.  Now
you need to look into the specification of your video card to determine
whether your card supports them ... you should be able to locate such info
from searching Google ... if it does then you need to download and install
the latest drivers for your card ... and if it doesn't ? ... well you'll
need a new video card !

You might also look at Tom Nuyden's site ... he maintains a database of
graphic cards and their specifications wrt OpenGL ... he also has a neat
utility glInfo that will query your existing card to get a report of all of
its available OpenGL extensions.

www.delphigl.cfxweb.net

Andrew