Image Resizing/Resampling

Post by GD » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 07:24:18

Hi,

i am trying to find any information about Bilinear, Bicubic, Mitchel,
B-Spline, Lanczos and other resize filters.
Does anybody now exact algorithms of these resize methods or examples of
working code?

Thanks.
Gd.

Image Resizing/Resampling

Post by Charles Hacke » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 09:46:20

> i am trying to find any information about Bilinear, Bicubic, Mitchel,
> B-Spline, Lanczos and other resize filters.
> Does anybody now exact algorithms of these resize methods or examples of
> working code?

Anders Melander's resampler code + example application does these.

http://delphi.icm.edu.pl/authors/a0000900.htm

Look for  [ resample.zip ] [ 16,510 bytes ]

--
Charles Hacker
Lecturer in Electronics and Computing

1. Resampling vs Resizing

It is my understanding that when the pixel dimensions of an image are
changed up or down, the general process is called Resizing, and that
Resampling is one particular method of resizing. This is what the PSP
manual implies in para.4, page 270.

Yet I sometimes hear/see the statement that resampling is always
better than resizing.  Does anyone have thoughts on this?

Ember

2. Power CG (Titling) Plugin released

3. Resizing without resampling

4. DOOM Style Graphics

5. how do i resize without resampling?

6. "find file" message ing Debugging mode

7. resizing without resampling? Help please

8. Can't resize images made from selections without resizing all layers

9. Precise Image Resize or Canvas Resize Problem

10. resampling 2D-arrays (images), how to ?

11. Image scaling (resampling) ?

12. PSP7 - changing image dpi without resampling?