AVI from Resource

Post by Tim Evan » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Does anybody know if it is posible to load a AVI from a resource into
the TMediaPlayer?

Tim Evans
VGS Systems Engineering

AVI from Resource

Post by Kerstin Thale » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello Tim,

either you write an extended TMediaPlayer what can read AVIs from
resources or  you can create a ResourceStream, load the AVI to this
stream, save the stream to a temporary *.avi file and load it to the
TMediaPlayer. Don't forget to free the stream after this is done.

Good luck!

Kerstin

> Does anybody know if it is posible to load a AVI from a resource into
> the TMediaPlayer?

> Tim Evans
> VGS Systems Engineering

1. AVI in resource for TAnimate use, how?

I have an RLE-compressed AVI (19K) that I've added to my .RC file as:

31001 RCDATA "<path to AVI file>"

I've built the RES file using brcc32, and built the executable. I know the
resource is in both, but the Resource Workshop displays a message that it is
too big to be displayed as text.

However, when I run the application, it excepts when I make the assignment
to the anim.ResID property. I'm creating the TAnimate component on the fly,
assigning Parent, Left, and Top properties before assigning ResID which
generates the exception.

Ideas on what I'm doing wrong?
TIA
John

2. TShape help

3. AVI in resource ?

4. Graphics programs supporting PNG?

5. play AVI from resource?

6. problem: invalid page fault in modular kernell 32.dll

7. AVI and resource files HELP

8. Radiused selections...

10. AVI From Resource

11. How play AVI from resources

12. MCI AVI playback from resource DLL and CCRP AnimControl