Transparent Application Icon

Post by Jason Hochwend » Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:14:07

I would think this would be easy but for the life of me I can't figure
it out.
I created an icon (ico file) and associated it with my application
(Project | Options - application tab)
It shows up fine but it isn't transparent.  I looked at previous
postings on deja about this but didn't see a definitive answer.
So the question is, can someone tell me how to make this icon
transparent???

Jason

Post by Mauro Patin » Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:17:49

> I would think this would be easy but for the life of me I can't figure
> it out.
> I created an icon (ico file) and associated it with my application
> (Project | Options - application tab)
> It shows up fine but it isn't transparent.  I looked at previous
> postings on deja about this but didn't see a definitive answer.
> So the question is, can someone tell me how to make this icon
> transparent???

What program did you use to create the icon?  The image editor that comes
with Delphi has a transparent color that is available in the color group
when creating an icon, it's the teal box with the red wave in it.

Transparent Application Icon

Post by Jason Hochwend » Fri, 08 Jun 2001 03:50:57

Well.....I....err....wow....I feel dumb
I never noticed that before.
I am happy though.  Problem solved
Thank you

Jason

Quote:>> I would think this would be easy but for the life of me I can't figure
>> it out.
>> I created an icon (ico file) and associated it with my application
>> (Project | Options - application tab)
>> It shows up fine but it isn't transparent.  I looked at previous
>> postings on deja about this but didn't see a definitive answer.
>> So the question is, can someone tell me how to make this icon
>> transparent???

>What program did you use to create the icon?  The image editor that comes
>with Delphi has a transparent color that is available in the color group
>when creating an icon, it's the teal box with the red wave in it.

1. Transparent Color on Menu Icons is not transparent

This may seem extremely easy for someone to answer. I have a TImageList that contains a bunch of 16x16 Icons. These are used on drop down menu items. The transparent color appears on the menu(gray) as a white background to all of my Icons.

How do I get the transparent color of Icons to appear transparent on a menu?
Thanks for your help.
Regards, Gerry

2. comp.graphics.apps.gnuplot FAQ (Frequent Answered Questions)

3. Consistent set of Icons/Buttons for Application

4. where to start? (beginner wanted program an OpenGL game)

5. Nice Icons for Graphical Applications

6. Nikon vs Polaroid 35mm scanners

7. WANTED: Custom Icon family for my application

8. Please help me with EXPORT, it does not show up

9. Looking for macintosh applications icons

10. How to attach icons to gl applications ?

11. Howto add icon to application taskbar at runtime ?

12. I need a good icon creation application

13. Adding application Icon in Systems Tray.