Metafiles and wrong font on HP Laserjet 2100

Metafiles and wrong font on HP Laserjet 2100

Post by Angus Johnso » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

i'm having a problem with metafiles being drawn to an HP Laserjet 2100
printer canvas where the wrong font face is printed on a couple of lines of
a report.

the "times new roman" font appears correctly in the print preview, and also
when printed to an HP laserjet 4p & 6p and also an Epson 600, but not the
Laserjet 2100 (the font face looks like "arial" in these dud lines).

am i correct in assuming this is a printer driver bug, or can this be due to
something else?

aj

Post by Joe C. Hech » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> am i correct in assuming this is a printer driver bug, or can
> this be due to something else?

Most likly it is a Windows font mapping bug. I bet
the printer you are having trouble with has a different
resolution than the others...

Joe
--
Joe C. Hecht
http://home1.gte.net/joehecht/index.htm

Metafiles and wrong font on HP Laserjet 2100

Post by Joe C. Hech » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> thanks,
> can you suggest a fix / workaround then ...
> (apart from changing the printer <g>)?

The real solution is to read the metafile, and
scale and image each metafile record yourself.
This is a pretty invloved solution :(

Joe
--

Post by Angus Johnso » Sun, 22 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>> am i correct in assuming this is a printer driver bug, or can
>> this be due to something else?

>Most likly it is a Windows font mapping bug. I bet
>the printer you are having trouble with has a different
>resolution than the others...

joe,

thanks,
can you suggest a fix / workaround then ...
(apart from changing the printer <g>)?

aj

Metafiles and wrong font on HP Laserjet 2100

Post by Angus Johnso » Sun, 22 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>The real solution is to read the metafile, and
>scale and image each metafile record yourself.
>This is a pretty invloved solution :(

wont you do this for me? <ggg>
thanks again.

aj

1. Shrink Huge Bitmaps ( > 2100 * 2100 pixels)

VB Picture boxes cannot display huge bitmaps esp if autoredraw is true.

I am using loadpicture to display images (jpg bmp) on an invisible
picturebox  before using paintpicture to display these on a visible smaller
picture box.

I can read the dimensions of the picture before attempting the above.

Is there any easy way of reducing the size of the huge bitmaps *prior* to
using loadpicture.

I am familiar with Graphics API.

Any pointers to a way of achieving this appreciated

Peter

2. How to blend image background with page background?

3. Solution: HP LaserJet plotting in HP/GL mode

4. Progetto

5. HP LaserJet IIIsi in HP/GL mode problems

6. Graphic Artist

7. No euro symbol on Laserjet 2100 with PM6.5???

8. Problem from old to new POV's

9. HP LaserJet 4Plus - driver for PacificPage Level 2 PS language emulation

10. Need a hp laserjet 4p

11. HP Laserjet raster graphics conversion??

12. View/Edit HP Laserjet Output File

13. Convert HPGL files to HP PCL (Laserjet+)?