Application Icon

Post by Simon Armstron » Fri, 27 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with my application icon.  I've heard of others having
problems, but I've never been able to reproduce them until now.

Basically, the Windows 95 alt-tab task selector never shows the
application's icon, it always shows the default Delphi "torch" icon.

I've created an icon with 32x32x16 and 16x16x16 images.  When the
application runs, the 16x16x16 image is shown in the application entry in
the Windows 95 task bar and in the main form caption.  Both icon images can
be seen using the Windows Explorer.  I've examined the application exe
using a resource editor and can find my icons, but I cannot find the torch
icon anywhere.

So how can Windows 95 show the torch icon when the user presses alt-tab?
How can I stop it?

As an aside, if my icon just contains a 32x32x16 image, then the running
application actually shows a 16x16 version of the torch icon in the Windows
95 task bar and main form caption.  Strange huh?

I'm using Delphi 2.

Thanks
--
Simon Armstrong
Remove "junkmail_spoiler_" from address to email.

Application Icon

Post by Simon Armstron » Thu, 09 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Thanks Jake,

I never had any problems with icons with D1 and I've set many application
icons with D2 without problem.  I've never needed to create a 16x16 icon
before either, Windows does as you say.  But there's something else going
on here, as Windows somehow shows an icon that isn't in the application.

--
Simon Armstrong
Remove "junkmail_spoiler_" from address to email.

> >Hi all,

> >I'm having a problem with my application icon.  I've heard of others
having
> >problems, but I've never been able to reproduce them until now.

> >Basically, the Windows 95 alt-tab task selector never shows the
> >application's icon, it always shows the default Delphi "torch" icon.

> >I've created an icon with 32x32x16 and 16x16x16 images.  When the
> >application runs, the 16x16x16 image is shown in the application entry
in
> >the Windows 95 task bar and in the main form caption.  Both icon images
can
> >be seen using the Windows Explorer.  I've examined the application exe
> >using a resource editor and can find my icons, but I cannot find the
torch
> >icon anywhere.

> >So how can Windows 95 show the torch icon when the user presses alt-tab?
> >How can I stop it?

> >As an aside, if my icon just contains a 32x32x16 image, then the running
> >application actually shows a 16x16 version of the torch icon in the
Windows
> >95 task bar and main form caption.  Strange huh?

> >I'm using Delphi 2.

> I use Delphi 1, and I've found that if you set the icon in the Project
> Properties window thingy, it does this, but if you use the Form.icon
> property, it is fine. (Or maybe that was the other way arond, I can't
> remember of hand.) Any way, try the one you aren't doing. Delphi seem to
> ignore what icon/s you have in your resource file - it's not the only
place
> it gets such stuff from.
> I've never had to produce two icons, either - Win 95 takes the 32*32 icon
> and scales it to 16*16 itself for the topleft and taskbar icons. You only
> need to supply it with one.
> However, for some reason, I do have to re-set the icon after (or before)
> every compile, as it seems to change it back to the torch one then....
Who
> knows  why?

> Jake

1. Looking for macintosh applications icons

Since I have no access to all commercials application's icons I am looking
for somebody who has a lot of them or who knows where I can
get them. (Icons only, not applications themselves !! Of Course...)

Many thanks in advance...

2. How do I...

3. Adding application Icon in Systems Tray.

4. Point spread function

5. Replace compiled exes application icon...

6. Bitcopy function for LCD

7. Dynamically Change Application Icon

8. Problem with Application icon

9. Application Icon