How to program sound cards?

Post by Attila Ambrozai, Jr » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I should write a small program which would create
unique sounds using a sound card (Sound Blaster
compatible). Don't think anything complex. I just
wanna tell the sound card, for instnce, that create
a monotous sound at 500 Hz which duration is 0.5
second. I browsed the Windows API help comes
with Delphi 4 but I couldn't find any command or
function which would able to do this task. If you know
any (relatively) simple solution how to program this
with Delphi please let me know. (I must use the
sound card, the computer's inbuilt speaker isn't
suitable for the task.) Thank you in advance.

Attila Ambrozai
Hungary

How to program sound cards?

Post by Charles Hacke » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I answered this in BASM group!

> I should write a small program which would create
> unique sounds using a sound card (Sound Blaster
> compatible). Don't think anything complex. I just
> wanna tell the sound card, for instnce, that create
> a monotous sound at 500 Hz which duration is 0.5
> second. I browsed the Windows API help comes
> with Delphi 4 but I couldn't find any command or
> function which would able to do this task. If you know
> any (relatively) simple solution how to program this
> with Delphi please let me know. (I must use the
> sound card, the computer's inbuilt speaker isn't
> suitable for the task.) Thank you in advance.

> Attila Ambrozai
> Hungary

1. Sound Card Driver

Not every monitor sold comes with it's own drivers. Often the generic
drivers that come with windows are enough to control the features of
your monitor.

--
Ken Tyler -  1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

2. POV ray book, and yes vote

3. Sound Card Problems

4. SoXtRenderArea source ?

5. Media Vision PCMCIA Sound Card Drivers

6. My Work

7. Interfacing a sound card (MS Windows)

8. Foley & van Dam question

9. Video and sound capture cards

10. MAX, NT and Sound Cards

11. LW6 renders my sound card useless

12. sound cards

13. wtb : sound card for Amiga 4000 Sun stuido ???