Using jedi DX8 headers / Samples

Post by Andreas Koc » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 05:35:29

Hi,

i downloaded the jedi DX8 headers and some samples
(from http://www.crazyentertainment.net/samples.php?section=directx )
, but couldn't get them to run.

TerrainRottger gives me a
Incompatible Types: TDIDataFormat and PDIDataFormat
in DX8Input.pas

2D SpritesU demo starts, then closes without doing anything.

SampleX11 - Octree starts, then closes without doing anything.

SampleX12 - vertex shading states
"Error initializing 3D Hardware.
You need a directX 8 compatible 3D card to run this sample.
If you have your desktop on 24 or 32 bpp, please try to change it
to 16 bpp"

Well, i can partially understand this one, as my trusty old
ATI Rage 128 doesn't have hardware vertex shaders - but isn't
DirectX supposed to emulate that in Software?

Did someone get those samples to run?

--
                                                   Andreas
To boldly go where no sane person has gone before

Using jedi DX8 headers / Samples

Post by Rafael Cott » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 06:54:53

I had some problems with DelphiX once, but I updated the DirectX drivers
installed on my machine and everything run fine from that.

Try searching on Download.com for DirectX drivers and install the last
version.

Rafael

Quote:> Hi,

> i downloaded the jedi DX8 headers and some samples
> (from http://www.crazyentertainment.net/samples.php?section=directx )
> , but couldn't get them to run.

> TerrainRottger gives me a
> Incompatible Types: TDIDataFormat and PDIDataFormat
> in DX8Input.pas

> 2D SpritesU demo starts, then closes without doing anything.

> SampleX11 - Octree starts, then closes without doing anything.

> SampleX12 - vertex shading states
> "Error initializing 3D Hardware.
> You need a directX 8 compatible 3D card to run this sample.
> If you have your desktop on 24 or 32 bpp, please try to change it
> to 16 bpp"

> Well, i can partially understand this one, as my trusty old
> ATI Rage 128 doesn't have hardware vertex shaders - but isn't
> DirectX supposed to emulate that in Software?

> Did someone get those samples to run?

> --
>                                                    Andreas
> To boldly go where no sane person has gone before

1. 2D lighting in Direct Draw using JEDI converted headers

  Can anyone tell me a good and fast way to implement 2D lighting using
Direct Draw.  My display mode is 800 by 600 by 8 bit.  I know how to do
it in a way that you only use the higher intensity slots in the palette
for art , and then through code have the color intensity decrease by
percentage from distance from the center of the light source.  The
problem is  that I'm restriced to only the highest intensities of my
palette  with my art.  Does anyone know a better way that is fast?

Jeremiah Barr

2. vt100 Movies

3. Using DirectX Headers from the Jedi Project

4. Some current Flash work

5. problem with jedi DirectX headers

6. D3DRS_DEPTHBIAS goes wacky in DX9.0?

7. TDDBltFX type declaration in Delphi-Jedi translated headers error

8. shader space

9. OpenGL Jedi Headers

10. Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast / OpenGL

11. How to port the sample codes of DX8 to WinCE

12. Using DirectX from Delphi-Jedi

13. Using FrameBuffer as a texture (rendered texture) with DX8