Icon application on Win98

Post by Dominique Marchan » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 02:30:34

Hi,
I have make a delphi application and in the project options i have add an
icon to the application. On my win2000 i can see this application icon but
not on my win98 . What's the problem???

Thank you

Icon application on Win98

Post by Jens Grusche » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 04:23:40

Quote:> I have make a delphi application and in the project options i have add an
> icon to the application. On my win2000 i can see this application icon but
> not on my win98 . What's the problem???

The icon cache might have to be updated. But probably it's another problem:
certain Windows versinos have problems with icons with certain numbers of
colors. It's a good idea to store each icon in several formats. Microsoft
recommends that you store each icon in 16x16, 32x32 and 48x48 and with 4 bit
(16 colors), 8 bit (256 colors) and 32 bit (TrueColor with alpha channel).
Take a look at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwx...
winxpicons.asp

I recommend that at least a 4 bit 32x32 format is included, more formats are
"nice to have".

There are some tools around which you can use to create multi-format icons
easily (search Google).

Jens

1. Running openGL application on Win98

I got the message:  "GLUT:  Fatal Error in file:  openGL GLX extension
not supported by display:  myPC's ip address:0"  when I ran my OpenGL
application remotely(SGI) and displayed back on my PC .

What is wrong?

2. lwo object

3. Icon that PS4 generates for .psd in win98

4. integration with AVS

5. Win98 Icons and cursors

6. Netscape 3.05b win95 like button detail messages under motif .. HOW ????

7. No App-Icon under Win98

8. Strange!!

9. Icon destroyed under win98?

10. Consistent set of Icons/Buttons for Application

11. Nice Icons for Graphical Applications

12. WANTED: Custom Icon family for my application

13. Looking for macintosh applications icons