Post by Howard » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:24:57

Help!
I need to load a mac pict images into TImage's.
Using an existing component or code-snippet would be easiest, but I can't
find anything usefull on the www.

Does anyone know how these files tick?
I could extract the scan-line info from the files if I understood the
layout!

Any links or code or advise gratefully received!

Thx
Howard:)

Post by Charles Hacke » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 07:55:14

> Help!
> I need to load a mac pict images into TImage's.
> Using an existing component or code-snippet would be easiest, but I can't
> find anything usefull on the www.

> Does anyone know how these files tick?
> I could extract the scan-line info from the files if I understood the
> layout!

> Any links or code or advise gratefully received!

Have you looked at:
www.wotsit.org
which has a lot of documentation for various file formats

--
Charles Hacker
Lecturer in Electronics and Computing

Post by newsgroups.borland.co » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:48:51

Hi Howard,

It might be overkill if you just want to load a .PICT but I think that
ImageMagick can do it. You can download the Delphi wrapper on my website.
http://www.simdesign.nl/Components/ImageMagick.html

Kind regards,
Nils

Quote:> Help!
> I need to load a mac pict images into TImage's.
> Using an existing component or code-snippet would be easiest, but I can't
> find anything usefull on the www.

> Does anyone know how these files tick?
> I could extract the scan-line info from the files if I understood the
> layout!

> Any links or code or advise gratefully received!

> Thx
> Howard:)

Post by Howard » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 05:12:22

Wonderful...

Thanks, guys!

H:)

> Hi Howard,

> It might be overkill if you just want to load a .PICT but I think that
> ImageMagick can do it. You can download the Delphi wrapper on my website.
> http://www.simdesign.nl/Components/ImageMagick.html

> Kind regards,
> Nils

> > Help!
> > I need to load a mac pict images into TImage's.
> > Using an existing component or code-snippet would be easiest, but I
can't
> > find anything usefull on the www.

> > Does anyone know how these files tick?
> > I could extract the scan-line info from the files if I understood the
> > layout!

> > Any links or code or advise gratefully received!

> > Thx
> > Howard:)

1. Convert pct (MAC PICT) to gif or jpg

Could anyone tell me the names of some programs that will convert
PCT (mac picts) to gif or jpg file format. Or even a good viewer
program to view pct. Currently I'm using OOGLER to view
them but its awfully slow. Either in DOS or WINDOWS.

2. Grid Manager Plug in crashes my machine

4. Plugins

5. HELP Loading IRIS PICT to Macintosh

6. Maya for rent

7. yet another transparency question...

8. PICT files (non-raster) loading to PC??

11. load 2 bmp to one TImage

12. TImage: Loading JPG and Gif from Stream