Flicker Flicker Flicker and big Bitmaps

Post by David Br?nnval » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

This is mainly to Earl F. Glynn.

How many times have you answered this question:
  How can I do flickerfree animations?

Or how about this one, I know I have asked this question myself:
  How can I do to display a realy large Bitmap?

I just want to say that you do a good job, answering these questions all the
time.
You deserve some credits, and your homepage is so neat.

regards David

Flicker Flicker Flicker and big Bitmaps

Post by Earl F. Glyn » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> This is mainly to Earl F. Glynn.
> I just want to say that you do a good job, answering these questions all the
> time.
> You deserve some credits, and your homepage is so neat.

Thanks for the kind words.  I try to help when I can.

--
efg

Overland Park, KS  USA

Post by Tony Costanz » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

> > This is mainly to Earl F. Glynn.

> > I just want to say that you do a good job, answering these questions all
the
> > time.
> > You deserve some credits, and your homepage is so neat.

> Thanks for the kind words.  I try to help when I can.

I second the motion of the first motion.  Thanks for all your effort Earl.
Tony C

Flicker Flicker Flicker and big Bitmaps

Post by Camiel Wijffel » Sun, 28 May 2000 04:00:00

What is really large? Or do you know the answer already?
Camiel
Quote:>   How can I do to display a realy large Bitmap?

Flicker Flicker Flicker and big Bitmaps

Post by Earl F. Glyn » Sun, 28 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> What is really large? Or do you know the answer already?

"Really big" is usually the resolution of your screen.  For additional
details, see:
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Graphics/VeryLargeBitmap.htm

--
efg

Overland Park, KS  USA

1. Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

I'm making a dial gauge.  I draw the background and foreground into
TBimaps and when the Component is repainted the bitmaps are copryRect to
a TImage job.  It flickers. Fuck it flickers.
    When it is repainting it is note creating the images so why the
flicker??

  dataflow.vcf
< 1K Download

2. animation programs

3. Flickering bitmaps

4. Wrapper to OpenGL?

5. load bitmaps whitout flickering

6. Mouse click on curve or Bezier

7. Moving bitmaps and flicker - how can I improve?

8. Displaying large bitmaps without flicker

9. Flickering while showing bitmaps

10. Flicker with Irfanview

11. eliminating flicker

12. need help with flicker problem