Need a Smoothly Scrolled Image

Post by Arthur Richard » Tue, 01 May 2001 12:14:12

I have an application which acquires a line scanned Xray Image ( 768 pixels
per 2 ms ).

 I need to provide a windowed or full screen, real time, smoothly scrolling
image. This was relatively easy to do in DOS by changing the graphics
adaptor frame pointer but can a similar approach be used using Delphi/Win32?

Any hardware/software suggestions/references will be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Arthur

Need a Smoothly Scrolled Image

Post by David Taylo » Tue, 01 May 2001 15:49:03

Arthur,

If you are acquiring at 500 lines per second, your display is going to be
scrolling off the screen every two seconds (or so).  I would guess at having
a circular buffer into which new lines are written, and using Direct-X to
swap between two display buffers each being filled in the display time of
the other.  You might be able to get 60 frames/second doing that.  Even so,
you would still be scrollling 8 lines between each frame.

Just a first guess!

David

Quote:> I have an application which acquires a line scanned Xray Image ( 768
pixels
> per 2 ms ).

>  I need to provide a windowed or full screen, real time, smoothly
scrolling
> image. This was relatively easy to do in DOS by changing the graphics
> adaptor frame pointer but can a similar approach be used using
Delphi/Win32?

> Any hardware/software suggestions/references will be most appreciated.

> Thanks,
> Arthur

1. Scrolling graphics smoothly in 320x200x256

I need to be able to show one or more static figures, and move a graphic
around beneath them, to simulate figures walking around a landscape.

My problem is how to move the graphic around smoothly, preferably without
having to redraw the visible section each time.

I'd like source in Basic (please don't laugh) or Euphoria if you can, but
Pascal or C++ works as well.

Thanks.

--Elven Rodent

2. SoElapsedTime

3. Scrolling Smoothly with Text...Help!!!!

4. need help converting blocks of colour to gradient

5. Scrolling graphics smoothly in 320x200x256

6. Keyword search

7. Need help opening images w/out scrolling?

8. Modeling a Rubber Band

9. How to edit a Image which smoothly become transparant radially

10. Windows scroll position and forcing scrolling

11. Scrolling a Form without scrolling its buttons

12. 2D scrolling of images

13. Scrolling of very large images