A HUD Camera...

Post by Florian Siever » Fri, 10 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi guys!

I am writing a sprite engine at the moment and I want to intergrate
a small camera where the player is able to see some other corner
of the world.
To create such a HUD cam, my engine points to another surface
(800x600) and draws the engine content at this surface. Then I
points to the main surface and draws the real position of the player(main
camera). Than I stretchdraw the first surface on the other surface. And
voil it seems to work. Ok, the engine have to draw 2 times! The problem
is that suddenly the speed goes down... (It dont seem to be a engine
failure...)

Ok, thats what I try. But my question! How would you create such a HUD
Engine? (Ignore my engine) Or does it really cost so much RAM and SPEED
to draw two surfaces(800x600x16)? I am looking forward for any ideas! ;)

ThanX in advise!
    Phobeus
--
"I know my english is terrible, so please dont laugh " ;)

A HUD Camera...

Post by Paul Nicholl » Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Well, the speed is definitely going to go down as you are now drawing twice!

--
Paul Nicholls (Live long and optimise.)
****************

A HUD Camera...

Post by Florian Siever » Sat, 11 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Well, the speed is definitely going to go down as you are now drawing twice!

Yes thats clear! But the speed is going fastly down.... And he only draws
it twice, not even calculating twice. In WC 1 (or 2) they used also such
cameras,
but there I have a 386 and now a Pentium II/300. There must be an easier or
faster way of creating such a cam ;)

Phobeus

1. HUD, where can I find them?

I know this might not be the right group to post this to, but...

I am trying to find information about any/all (high resolution) heads
up display units. When I say HUD, I mean the type that have half
silvered mirror that allow you to look through them, and display
graphics over the real image. (NOT Head Mounted Display, that completely
block your vission)  The HUD has to be capable of stereo viewing.
If anyone knows of products around, could you please send me any
contacts/info you may have? (Please reply directly to me) Thanks a lot.

                -Fritz Morgan

2. FS Oxygen GVX1 UK

3. FREE PLUGIN - HUD - UPDATED!

4. Round Buton

5. FREE: New update to HUD Plugin!

6. farthest pair point of covex hull

7. UPDATED : HUD 2.0 Overview Page

8. FREE : New HUD Plugin added to Site

9. Cameras, Cameras, Cameras...

10. Looking for HUD code

11. HUD problem

12. drawing my hud, and a light disapears! :/