Changing bitmap scale

Post by Jim Gabrie » Thu, 11 May 2000 04:00:00

How do you scale a bitmap image; i.e say 1200x1200 down to 300x300.  I
need to reduce the file size of bitmap images.

thanks.
jim

Changing bitmap scale

Post by Earl F. Glyn » Thu, 11 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> How do you scale a bitmap image; i.e say 1200x1200 down to 300x300.  I
> need to reduce the file size of bitmap images.

One quick way to reduce the size of a bitmap is to rescale it like you
suggested.  The TBitmap
StretchDraw method can be used to do this.  See the StretchDraw example
under TCanvas at
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/Graphics/VCLRTL.htm#StretchDraw

Other ways to rescale bitmaps can be found under "Resampling" at
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/Graphics/ImageProcessing.htm

Another way to reduce the size of a bitmap is to use a GIF, JPEG, or other
compressed file format.   Find examples of how to perform such conversions
at

http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/Graphics/FileFormatsAndConvers...

--
efg

Overland Park, KS  USA

Changing bitmap scale

Post by Finn Tolderlun » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> How do you scale a bitmap image; i.e say 1200x1200 down to 300x300.  I
> need to reduce the file size of bitmap images.

There are many ways.
A simple way is to use StretchDraw onto a newly created bitmap.

Finn Tolderlund

1. Change viewport scale?

I'm trying to create a scene with a scale measured in meters (a meter is
about as long as a yard).  Most of the objects I create will be less
than two meters in size.  Unfortunately, Max is still anticipating
inches; when I draw a box which comfortably fits into the perspective
viewport, it comes out as 60 meters high, which is much too big.  When I
zoom in so that 2m objects can be seen easily, the pan, zoom and
rotation controls make such large leaps when you use them that it is
very difficult to build anything.

Is there any way to get Max to expect objects of this size?  I would
like to be able to start Max and have it automatically adjust so that I
can comfortably draw 2 unit objects rather than the default 60 unit.

Mark McKay

2. Importing an EPS File Into Lightwave Modeler

3. why does scaling an object change color brightness?

4. Video in?

5. change scale in a Timage

6. Drawing all pixels

7. scaling bitmap for PCL printing

8. Bitmap Scaling

9. Perfect bitmap up-scaling

10. Looking for bitmap scaling algorithms