Another font question

Post by Geert Verdoolaeg » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:00:00

When I specify the height of an "MS Sans Serif"-font as 59 pix, and when I
send a text in this font to the printer, it is replaced by some kind of a
default font. I tried it with different heights, and until now it only seems
to happen with Height = 59 pix. With the font "Times New Roman", everything
works fine. Does anyone have an explanation for this? I find it difficult to
believe that the printer (HP Deskjet 710C) wouldn't be able to handle the MS
Sans Serif 59.

Thank you,

Geert

Another font question

Post by Team » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:00:00

On Tue, 15 Aug 2000 14:56:06 +0200, "Geert Verdoolaege"

>When I specify the height of an "MS Sans Serif"-

MS Sans Serif is a bitmapped font. This means the font at various
sizes is composed of bitmaps. Times New Roman is a scaleable TrueType
font. This means that the font can be scaled to any size.

You shouldn't be surprised that font substitution occurs on a printer
when you're using bitmapped fonts. If you don't want font substitution
to occur, use TrueType fonts.
--
Rick Rogers (TeamB)
www.fenestra.com and www.componentfactory.com

1. lettering or font questions

        Ok I wanna make  graphic for my webpage
I have mad a good image but as far as lettering I cant figure out
I wanna have lettering with an out line or shadowing
I tried using fonts but they come out looking real basic
Is there any free programs to help do this or
a 30 day trial ware?
please help me out
email replys if possible!

88 Jetta 1.8 8v
87 golf gti 2.0 16v NOS,CAM,Catback,HEadwork,fstr ;)

2. Shading methods

3. fonts question

4. Need Help urgently.....!!! plzzz....

5. Acrobat and font question

6. newbie. question about file format and extension.

7. FONT question

8. Font question

9. Please help with font question

10. Printing/font question