netscape loop in gif files

Post by Mikus Sze » Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Does any body have some code to read/write netscape loop from/into
gif files?
Wiktor

netscape loop in gif files

Post by Anders Meland » Thu, 19 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>Does any body have some code to read/write netscape loop from/into
>gif files?

My TGIFImage component supports the Netscape loop extension and allows
you to read a GIF, add an extension and write it (or whatever you wish
to do with it).

You can find it in the Delphi section at:

  http://www.melander.dk/

P.S. Most other GIF components that I know of, support the NS loop
extension too.

Share and Enjoy!

+--------------------from usenet----------------------+
|  Anders Bo Melander    | Phone: (+45) 31 87 91 26   |

|  DK-2000 Frederiksberg | http://www.melander.dk     |

+------------------------+----------------------------+

netscape loop in gif files

Post by Markus Korsmei » Fri, 20 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Mikus,

no, I don't, but why don't you use somethinge like
GIF Construction Set ?

HtH
  Markus

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998 21:46:40 -0800, Mikus Szef

>Does any body have some code to read/write netscape loop from/into
>gif files?
>Wiktor

- - - - - - -
MKIS Korsmeier InformationsSysteme
http://members.aol.com/MKors/
remove <.spam-off> to reply via e-mail

1. GIF & Netscape Extension Block (looping)

Hello all.

I'm writing a simple function to return the number of times a given GIF file
will loop through it's animations.  I know about the Netscape2.0 app.
extension, but what I want to know is this:  can this block ever be found
past the start of the image data?

Every GIF i've examined follows this sequence:

headers
[global color table]
[misc. app extensions -- including netscape's]
image data*
end

But does it *have* to?  Can the netscape block ever come after the start of
the image data?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Richard
-----------------------------
Richard Moss
Danrich Internet LLC
Makers of deal-mac
http://deal-mac.com/

2. Epson Stylus Color Trouble

3. loop gif files?

4. nVidia Extensions

5. Choppy gif animation with Netscape

6. Kai's Power toys password....

7. GIF, JPEG, and other Netscape Native Formats

8. A few scanning tips

9. Problems w/Netscape & gif/jpeg

10. Q: pause in anim-gif looping?

11. Transparent gif's with Netscape

12. Q: Gif format (looping, transparency)

13. Netscape Gif Pixel Transparent flag