Delphi Versions - Upgrade?

Post by Kevi » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 09:49:55

I'm working with Delphi 4 Pro and am planning to release a commercial
product.  I'm not very familiar with the new features in Delphi 7 so I
looked at the Trial Version.  I didn't see much in the way of visible
differences (new button styles, etc.).  If I'm not running into problems
with D4 on my XP dev machine are there reasons to get D7 before I compile
and distribute?  Is the compatibility better?  Major bugs I'm unaware of?
Any ideas?

Delphi Versions - Upgrade?

Post by Ignacio Vazque » Mon, 30 Jun 2003 06:54:11

Quote:> Any ideas?

Nothing like trial-by-fire.

http://www.borland.com/products/downloads/download_delphi.html

Cheers,
  Ignacio

1. upgrade to version 7.01 cannot upgrade

I downloaded the upgrade of version 7 to version 7.01, but when I try to
  install it it says it cannot find photoshop 7 where it is suppose to
be. I have disabled my anti-virus protection as the readme file
instructed and still I get the same error that it cannot install it.

I then disabled everything and try and got the same message. what am I
doing wrong?

2. Performance Considerations

3. Upgrade Academic Version with Retail Upgrade

4. TDBchart: Problem with overlayed TBarSeries

5. ANN: New version of TOpenGL (both BCB and Delphi source code)

6. What is Rayman ??

7. Does com Tchart in Delphi Standard or must i have the professional version

8. Mystery of crSize Cursor Differences by Version of Delphi

9. ANN: New version of TOpenGL (both BCB and Delphi source code)