moving TImage

Post by Cory Fletche » Mon, 15 May 2000 04:00:00

Is there a way to avoid flickering when moving the position of a
TImage without double buffering

moving TImage

Post by Earl F. Glyn » Mon, 15 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Is there a way to avoid flickering when moving the position of a
> TImage without double buffering

When you move a TImage, or fill it with a TBitmap that is not the
same size as the TImage, Windows sends a WM_ERASEBKGND
message to clear the background.  You can trap these messages
to avoid erasing the background.  See WM_ERASEBKGND links at
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/Graphics/Win32API.htm

Links about Flicker Elimination can be found here:
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/Graphics/Algorithms.htm

--
efg

Overland Park, KS  USA

moving TImage

Post by David Br?nnval » Tue, 16 May 2000 04:00:00

If you are using Delphi5 you could do something like this:

TForm1.Create(Sender: TObject);
begin
  DoubleBuffered := True;
end;

Quote:

> Is there a way to avoid flickering when moving the position of a
> TImage without double buffering

moving TImage

Post by Ndi » Wed, 17 May 2000 04:00:00

Have you tried to set IncrementalDisplay to false and call to
Image1.Invalidate after moving it?
(D3)

--
Ndi
NDI Remote Programming Group

1. Moving Timage over another Timage causes flickering ??

Hello NG,

I have a TImage that contains a bitmap (~1024X768).
I have another Timage (150X150) no bitmap loaded, that has transparent set
to true.

I draw an ellipse on the 150X150 Timage and then move 5 times per second by
setting its Top and Left Property.

Problem.... Every time I reposition (move) the 150X150 image over the larger
image, I get a flicker.

I've tried with and without calling Image.Update..... no luck.

How do I get rid of the flicker?

Thanks
Bryan

2. where can I download or buy nice 3D model?

3. Move TImage by drag on drop

4. How to make the whole screen black and a center white square in a TForm application?

5. How to avoid flickering while moving TImage

6. Moving TImage with Mouse

7. Moving TImage

8. Help Moving a TImage over a TImage

9. Moving Rectangle upon the TImage...