Metafiles and Printers gets differents width?

Metafiles and Printers gets differents width?

Post by Nicolas Avellaned » Wed, 04 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi people, i have a little problem.
When i ask the printer (using GetDeviceCaps Win32 API) the page width, it
gives me a value (for example x).

If then i have a metafile object (an instance of TMetafile) and a Canvas
(TCanvasMetafile) created based in the printer handle, and i ask (using the
GetDeviceCpas too), the width of the page, it answers me a different valut
from x.

Can any help me (i don't know why this happend). Thanks and sorry but my
english isn't good.

Bye!

Metafiles and Printers gets differents width?

Post by Mike Shkolni » Thu, 05 Nov 1998 04:00:00

It's all right! So must be.
Just when you use a metafile with a printer handle, but still metafile using
a screen font sizes and thus metafile width isn't equal to a printer width.

--
With best regards, Mike Shkolnik.
FIDO: 2:463/106.14

WEB: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Grid/3989

Nicolas Avellaneda D??? ???Y??

Quote:>Hi people, i have a little problem.
>When i ask the printer (using GetDeviceCaps Win32 API) the page width, it
>gives me a value (for example x).

>If then i have a metafile object (an instance of TMetafile) and a Canvas
>(TCanvasMetafile) created based in the printer handle, and i ask (using the
>GetDeviceCpas too), the width of the page, it answers me a different valut
>from x.

>Can any help me (i don't know why this happend). Thanks and sorry but my
>english isn't good.

>Bye!

1. How to: Get the Text width for a string in a metafile

Folks;

Do any of you know how I can get the width of a text string using the
hDC of a metafile?  I've set the origin, width/height values, and
selected a font into the metafile's hDC, but the GetTextExtent() API
call only returns a '0'.

I need to get the width of a text string in order to format the output
properly.

Any ideas?

Regards;
Pat McHargue

***
 - A friend of liberty is a friend of mine <www.lp.org>
My business: >www.vibetech.com>

2. Shareware/Free plug-ins?

3. Getting the width and height of an GIF ?

4. Inventor and Ariel's G++ ?

5. Getting EXACT width of a given String?

6. Using TImage->Picture->RegisterFileFormat - How?

7. Printer width in meters ?

8. how to change some keyframes of 1000 reference objects at once ?

9. Problem calculating printer page width

10. Help! Getting Metafile Handle From Picture Box

11. Getting an Enhanced Metafile onto the Clipboard

12. Is there a printer metafile format standard ?