compile error direct3d8

Post by Roland Hemmi » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 05:22:54

I have a sample project using direct3d8. When I try to compile i get
missing DXtypes.dcu
This is probably something very easy, but I'm a newb when it comes to
directx and I havent found anything on the net about this. Any help
appreciated.
I have downloaded the JEDI files for dx8

1. Direct3D8: (ERROR) :Stream 0 stride should match the stride, implied by the current vertex shader

I fill a vertex buffer from a fat vertex type in my application (that isn't
D3D specific because I use OGL as well), and I successfully fill the vertex
buffer with:

x,y,z,diffuse,nx,ny,nz,tu,tv (I simplified for testing, removing the more
confusing multi-tex coordinate components)

The stream is then set to the proper stride and then,

I device->SetVertexShader( D3DFVF_XYZ|D3DFVF_DIFFUSE )

Now, I am aware that there is more data in the stride than float, float,
float, DWORD; however, isn't that the purpose of telling the stream what its
'stride' is?

How can I tell the VertexShader (fixed function) to just use the XYZ, color
data and ignore the rest?

    Thanks,
            WTH:)

P.S. I never needed to be this flexible before...

2. Jpeg: From Mac to PC

3. Direct3D8: (ERROR) :GetTransform does not work in pure-device

4. Postscript to Sun Rasterfile

5. Error compiling DEM2RAD for RADIANCE

6. Zooming Image without distortion

7. Error compiling Radiance for Linux

8. PVMPOV: compile errors

9. HELP!!!! PVMPOV compile error

10. slc compile error

11. Compiling Shader- slc error: cannot find cpp / basic

12. What does ? mean.Shader compile error