Need TMEDIAPLAYER GOD

Post by Louis St. Lauren » Sun, 31 Jan 1999 04:00:00

display rect size.  The user can hit the zoom button and a new form pops up
with a larger display rect size.  I use the same media player and just
switch display types.

The problem is that when the pop up form appears, the video window is black
until the user presses a frame forward, back, play control etc.

There has to be a way to display the image while the form is drawing.

The TMediaPlayer is displaying to a TPanel control.

I have tried onshow, on progress for other graphic conponents on that form
with no avail.

I think that solution resides in writing my own onchange event for the
typecast canvas for tpanel.

This is a bit beyond my reach.  If anyone has the solution, or can right the
code, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Louis.

Need TMEDIAPLAYER GOD

Post by Joe C. Hech » Sun, 31 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Q) How can I display the first frame of an AVI File?

A) The following demonstrates a hard core technique to get the
MediaPlayer
to reliably show the first frame of an AVI file.

Example:

begin
  Application.ProcessMessages;
  MediaPlayer1.Open;