Printing images like 'Fit to Page'?

Post by BOCOsof » Fri, 06 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Is there a way I could print an image stretched to fit the page?
How do I enlarge an image for printing?
Thanx.

Printing images like 'Fit to Page'?

Post by Mike Shkolni » Fri, 06 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Why not?

Printer.Canvas.StretchDraw(Rect(0, 0, Printer.PageWidth,
Printer.PageHeight), yourImage.Bitmap);

--
With best regards, Mike Shkolnik.
FIDO: 2:463/106.14

WEB: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Grid/3989

Quote:>Is there a way I could print an image stretched to fit the page?

Post by Earl F. Glyn » Fri, 06 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Is there a way I could print an image stretched to fit the page?
> How do I enlarge an image for printing?

The StretchDIBits API call that you need to print a bitmap can do
what you're asking.

Take a look at the "Slide Show" Tech Note.  This code shows
how to print a single image stretched to fit a page, or 10 rows
of images with 20 images per row (i.e., 200 images per page):
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/ImageProcessing/SlideShow.htm

___
efg

Overland Park, KS  USA

Post by Virtanen Ant » Fri, 06 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>Why not?

>Printer.Canvas.StretchDraw(Rect(0, 0, Printer.PageWidth,
>Printer.PageHeight), yourImage.Bitmap);

Printer.Pagewidth and Printer.PageHeight lie sometimes.
Get the _working_ values thru getDeviceCaps by using
Printer.Canvas.Handle.

That's how I do it, and it works.

Antti Virtanen

Post by Joe C. Hech » Fri, 06 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Why not?

> Printer.Canvas.StretchDraw(Rect(0, 0, Printer.PageWidth,
> Printer.PageHeight), yourImage.Bitmap);

Because using StretchDraw with a printer canvas results
in an illegal operation under Windows that most print
drivers cannot handle. Use StretchDIBits() instead.

Joe
--
Joe C. Hecht
http://home1.gte.net/joehecht/index.htm

Printing images like 'Fit to Page'?

Post by Mike Mormand » Sat, 07 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I know that's true in 16 bit windows, but I've not had a problem with it
using HP and Epson drivers in 95, 98, and NT, have I just been lucky?
Mike

>Because using StretchDraw with a printer canvas results
>in an illegal operation under Windows that most print
>drivers cannot handle. Use StretchDIBits() instead.

>Joe
>--
>Joe C. Hecht
>http://home1.gte.net/joehecht/index.htm

Printing images like 'Fit to Page'?

Post by Steve Schafer (Tea » Sat, 07 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>have I just been lucky?

Very much so. The problem manifests itself most frequently with color
printers.

-Steve

Printing images like 'Fit to Page'?

Post by Joe C. Hech » Sat, 07 Aug 1999 04:00:00

1) Win95/98 use 16 bit print drivers.

2) Under Win95/98, unless the Print driver has special
code to detect and workaround this error, you are just
plain lucky. Under NT, its still technically an error,
but *Windows* should correct for it (but apparently
does not always).

Joe

> I know that's true in 16 bit windows, but I've not had a problem with it
> using HP and Epson drivers in 95, 98, and NT, have I just been lucky?
> Mike

> >Because using StretchDraw with a printer canvas results
> >in an illegal operation under Windows that most print
> >drivers cannot handle. Use StretchDIBits() instead.

--
Joe C. Hecht
http://home1.gte.net/joehecht/index.htm

Printing images like 'Fit to Page'?

Post by Mike Mormand » Thu, 12 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Thanks to you and Joe for the important safety tips!
Mike

>Very much so. The problem manifests itself most frequently with color
>printers.

>-Steve

1. Fit to page doesn't work

Reposting my enquiry of 11th Jan, which had no responses.

=================================
Have other users had similar difficulties to me with the Fit to page
feature of PSP 6 please? For example, I often cannot get the bottom or
right hand few mm included (in Print Preview or actual print). I
suspect that the feature just doesn't work as it should. If so, what
do others do as a work around please?

In case it's relevant, I use a Canon BJ-10sx inkjet, with default
'Unprintable area' settings of
Left    423
Right   332
Top     212
Bottom 1693

I've tried reducing these (in Windows/Control
Panel/Printers/Properties...) but it doesn't help.

Terry, West Sussex, UK

2. OpenGL Blues

3. Printing 'fit to page' in psp5.5

4. 3DS Ver.2/Ver.3 ... what's the difference??

5. Converting FITS images to GIF's

6. Printing Help Please

7. Help: image doesn't fit on screen properly

8. visit http://members.home.nl/ragraphics

9. Looking for simple page layout program to print TIFF's

10. PS CS 'resize window to fit'

11. Can't print in center of page

12. Help with Print Shop's Web Page

13. Fitting a 'best' sphere