Main Form....

Post by Christian Ist » Mon, 07 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

In general, the applications have a rectangular main form. Is it
possible to create a special form for example a circle ? If yes, How do
I do ?

Bye

----- Christian Ista (Liege-Belgium) on IRC Boubou, ^Boubou^,...

----- Christian Ista's Softs http://www.veryComputer.com/

Main Form....

Post by Yorai Aminov (Tea » Mon, 07 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>In general, the applications have a rectangular main form. Is it
>possible to create a special form for example a circle ? If yes, How do
>I do ?

You can use the SetWindowRgn function to set your form's shape to the
shape of a region. You create and manage regions by using the region
functions:

CombineRgn
CreateEllipticRgn
CreateEllipticRgnIndirect
CreatePolygonRgn
CreatePolyPolygonRgn
CreateRectRgn
CreateRectRgnIndirect
CreateRoundRectRgn
EqualRgn
ExtCreateRegion
FillRgn
FrameRgn
GetPolyFillMode
GetRegionData
GetRgnBox
InvertRgn
OffsetRgn
PaintRgn
PtInRegion
RectInRegion
SetPolyFillMode
SetRectRgn

---
Yorai Aminov (TeamB)
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/yaminov
(TeamB cannot answer questions received via email.
To contact me for any other reason remove nospam from my address)

Main Form....

Post by Jason Wallac » Mon, 07 Dec 1998 04:00:00

  Take a look at Delphi SUper Page (use Webcrawler if you don't have
address.... and search for TFormShaper.....

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software

--
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Corruption is a crime.
Crime doesn't pay. So if you keep studying you'll go broke!

Post by Earl F. Glyn » Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>In general, the applications have a rectangular main form. Is it
>possible to create a special form for example a circle ? If yes, How do
>I do ?

You might want to lookup links to examples of CreatePolygonRgn on the
Delphi Graphics Win32 API page:
www.efg2.com/lab/library/Delphi/Graphics/Win32API.htm

Also, look for the links to examples under SetWindowRgn.

efg
_________________________________
efg's Computer Lab:       www.efg2.com/lab
Delphi Books:  www.efg2.com/lab/TechBooks/Delphi.htm

Overland Park, KS  USA

Main Form....

Post by Loui » Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Check out the Transparent Form Component Pack at www.gcs.co.za/mbs/mbs.htm

1. Main form

Hi,

In general, the applications have a rectangular main form. Is it
possible to create a special form for example a circle ? If yes, How do
I do ?

Bye

----- Christian Ista (Liege-Belgium) on IRC Boubou, ^Boubou^,...

----- Christian Ista's Softs http://www.IstaSofts.com

2. Perlin Noise - Problems

3. MDI main form and label

4. contrast lockup

5. How to make shape on the desktop without main form

6. Performance figures for BRender, Renderware...

7. Painting an image on MDI main form

8. Iomega Jaz Drive Qs! Video?

9. Problem drawing to main form canvas

10. Bitmap as a program main form

11. Changing the main form at run time

12. HELP: MDI main form and background images

13. MDI main form background