Replace Systems Cursors with Animated One ?

Post by Earl F. Glyn » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> How can i replace eg.. crHourglass and crBeam and crDefault cursor to my
> application ONLY
> to use my animated ones ? i've tried with LoadCursor function but when i
got
> to eg. an TEdit
> the pointer changes to Windows clBeam instead my Own clBeam that i've
> assigned =(

How about color AND animation?

In a Nov 99 issue of PC Magazine, Neil Rubenking published a Delphi 5
"CursorDance" program, complete with source code, for creating animated
cursors.  Some of the cursors in his sample project  (namely TPaint.cur and
TPencil.cur) are in color.  His program is really an icon editor that allows
you to create your own color, animated cursors.

Look for the "CursorDance" link under Neil Rubenking on the Pillars of
Delphi page:
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/Pillars.htm

--
efg

Overland Park, KS  USA

Post by <g.. » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00

How can i replace eg.. crHourglass and crBeam and crDefault cursor to my
application ONLY
to use my animated ones ? i've tried with LoadCursor function but when i got
to eg. an TEdit
the pointer changes to Windows clBeam instead my Own clBeam that i've
assigned =(

1. Load more than one animated cursor - How?

That is way too much work.

I haven't tried with animated cursors, but try to look at this example:
===rc file====
BOLLE CURSOR "bolle.cur"
KRYDS CURSOR "kryds.cur"
=======

const
  crBolle = 1;
  crKryds = 2;

begin
  Screen.Cursors[crBolle] := LoadCursor(HInstance, 'BOLLE');
  Screen.Cursors[crKryds] := LoadCursor(HInstance, 'KRYDS');
  Button1.Cursor := crBolle;
  Button2.Cursor := crKryds;
end;
--
Finn Tolderlund

2. rubber band using OpenGL inside Inventor

3. How to insert an animated cursor into the system tray

4. Sony-17f01

5. Icons, Animated Cursors, and Cursor Files

6. Xtras -- worth it?

7. animated gifs to animated cursors

8. Converting an animated Gif to one long Bitmap (not animated)

9. Replacing one color with another...

10. : Replacing one color in an image with another?

11. ? How replace one color with a pre-selected different color