TGIFImage joins JEDI

Post by Michael Bec » Thu, 18 May 2000 04:00:00

To all TGIFImage friends and users:

TGIFImage joins JEDI.

Over the last 3 years, I have been developing TGIFImage. It has been
quite successful, if measured by the number of downloads, and the
feedback I've received.
I have had my eyes on Project JEDI (http://www.delphi-jedi.org) for
quite some time and watched it develop over the years. I believe that
JEDI has now reached maturity and I have to agree with Charlie
Calvert's thoughts on JEDI
(http://homepages.borland.com/ccalvert/Opinion/JediProjects.html) -
If we combine our dispersed resources, and work together, some
wonderful things could come out.

JEDI has the idea of building a JEDI-VCL library
(http://www.delphi-jedi.org/Jedi:VCLVCL) containing some cool components
donated/developed by the Delphi community. I like the idea, and I
would like to contribute to its success. Therefore I am donating my
two component sets: TGIFImage and the Drag and Drop Component Suite
to JEDI-VCL. They will be placed as OpenSource and released under MPL
(Mozilla Public License).

It is my hope that JEDI will provide TGIFImage with more development
manpower than I alone have been able to devote to it and further
secure TGIFImage's future. I will lead the TGIFImage development team
and together we will maintain the quality, features and support you
have previously enjoyed from TGIFImage.

We have setup a separate JEDI project with its own mailing list for
TGIFImage:

  http://www.onelist.com/group/JEDI-GIFImage

and the development will continue. I would like to invite you all to
join me in the development - I have a lot of ideas, but I will need
your help. As Charlie said: one programmer working on his own is not
as powerful as twenty programmers working together to find bugs and
enhance the design of a piece of code. If you would like to
participate in the development of TGIFImage, on any level, please
join the TGIFImage mailing list or email me directly and state so.

I would also like to encourage authors of other components to
contribute and support JEDI-VCL. Together, we could build a great
library of components, complementing and enhancing Borland's VCL.
If you are a registered user of TGIFImage you will continue to
receive TGIFImage notifications. All existing (and future)
registrations have been transferred to the JEDI-TGIFImage notification
list.

Anders Melander

JEDI-TGIFImage team coordinator

TGIFImage joins JEDI

What can I say but HEAR! HEAR!

--
Ciao,

Dominique Louis
Delphi Developer and aspiring Delphi Game Developer.
**  To Do Nothing is to Collaborate with the oppressor **
**  -------------------------------------------------- **
**           I like my reality undiluted!              **
From . . . . . . . : Dominique Louis

Company. . . . . . : Savage Software Solutions
Web Site . . . . . : http://www.SavageSoftware.com.au
Delphi Games Site. : http://www.SavageSoftware.com.au/delphi
G4D Mirrror Site . : http://www.SavageSoftware.com.au/delphi/g4d
Delphi JEDI Site . : http://www.delphi-jedi.org

1. TGifImage, JEDI, etc.

Is project JEDI any good ? As well as I understand excellent component
TGifImage was donated to JEDI. But TGifImage is not compatible with Delphi6
(cause TThread changed in Delphi6). 3 months since Delphi 6 release passed,
but situation is the same!

Also, is there any sign of upcoming D6sp1 ?
Delphi 6 have a couple of very nasty bugs (Example: introduced TImage
flickering) and fixes needed! Why Borland can't post HotFixes like Microsoft
does with NT/Win2K/etc ???

--------------------------------
Alexander S. Tereschenko
http://futuris.plastiqueweb.com/

2. NEW Web site: 3D Skyline Models AxisMedia Inc.

3. Join JEDI Education team

4. Shell2 -- the outrigger (2/4) c.g.v.FAQ2

5. Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast / OpenGL

6. Simple 2D bar graph

7. Fractal:Return of Jedi

8. "Show Map in Viewport" Resolution

9. Looking for tech Jedi - res, printing, ect

10. Fractals in Return of the Jedi

11. Using jedi DX8 headers / Samples

12. JEDI-SDL 0.5 RC1 released...