Need urgent with filename property of TMediaPlayer!

Need urgent with filename property of TMediaPlayer!

Post by Christian Widtman » Sat, 13 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi all!

I have 4 TImages on Form and at the same position with the same size 4
TAnimates. If I click on an image I want the Animate to be shown and an
AVI-file to be played. Afterwards the Animated should be made invislbe,
thus showing and the image, and a form should be opened.

That's the easy part.
I want to save the videos in the program-directory unter "Images", but I

can't assign the directory to the mediaplayers I use at runtime, only at

design mode. If I leave the property unassigned (only by code) it
doesn't
work at all. This is the code I use for every image:

        Mediaplayer4.Filename := GetCurrentDir+'\Images\sub.avi';
        Mediaplayer4.Display := Animate4;
        Animate4.visible := true;
        Mediaplayer4.wait := true;
        Mediaplayer4.Play;
        Animate4.visible := false;
....and then a form is shown.

Did I make any mistake or is this normal?

Using the following code I found out that your suggestion gets the exact

path of the video. But the player still doesn't play it, although the
property is properly set!

procedure TMenu1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
    Mediaplayer1.Filename := ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName) +
'Images\add.avi';
    edit1.text := Mediaplayer1.Filename;
end;

Any suggestions? Or could someone recommend me a component capable of
playing AVIs that sould work?

Please answer soon, I have to hand my application in!

regards,
Christian

1. *** URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT ***

Hi!

Could anyone send me the "Alien Skin" filters for
photoshop version 3.0 or 4.0 ? ( by email please )
It 's an emergency!!!
Please H E E E E E E E E L P

Thanks,
Thodoris Tsioupros ( Chalkida / Greece )

P.S : I would be greatful to you, if you visited my web
page (http://users.hol.gr/~thodoris)

2. Recommended Training Tapes for MAX?

3. SavePictureDialog gets weird Filename property

4. Transparentcy??

5. *** URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT URGENT ***

6. quark/pm65 converter

7. URGENT: Setting the Data property of VtChart

8. Materials

9. REQ: filename.MOV to filename.GIF??

10. URGENT URGENT - urgent.txt [1/1]

11. TmediaPlayer C++ Builder - Wav help sample/suggestions needed.

12. Need TMEDIAPLAYER GOD

13. Pixels property, Scanline property