Direct3D Retained mode docs...

Post by András Ivíc » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi

The docs in DirectX 6.x SDK includes everything and more than those in v.
5.0, but in a new Help-File Format. You need Internet Explorer 4.01 to read
it.

PEACE and easy living,

Andrs Ivcs

> I have the Direct3D Retained mode docs for version 5.0, but the 6.0 CD I
> bought doesn't have the docs for Retained mode on it. Does any know if
> they exist, and if they do, does anyone have a copy of it they could
> send to me? Or is immediate mode the only option now for directx 6.x?

Direct3D Retained mode docs...

Post by graha » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00

It's just that the contents have been poorly set out and only refer to
IM stuff. If you instead look through the index, then you'll find all
the 3DRM stuff you want.

G.

> I have the Direct3D Retained mode docs for version 5.0, but the 6.0 CD I
> bought doesn't have the docs for Retained mode on it. Does any know if
> they exist, and if they do, does anyone have a copy of it they could
> send to me? Or is immediate mode the only option now for directx 6.x?

1. Direct3D Retained Mode

Can anyone point me at any on-line resources which might help me to gently
transition from OpenGL to Direct3D retained mode? Failing that can anyone
recommend a good book?
First impressions are that there is a very strong (almost one to one)
correspondence. Would anyone care to point out the main differences?

Many thanks
Des

2. PCX File Format

3. Newbie Direct3D Retained Mode Question...

4. PS 3.0.5 and filters

5. 3DFX supported by Direct3D retained mode?

6. PageControl and TImageList

7. Troubles with RayPick (Direct3D Retained Mode)

8. Modem Puzzler

9. Direct3d Retained Mode Application

10. Direct3D retained mode (EInvalidOp)

11. errors with Direct3D Retained Mode

12. Drawing lines in Direct3D Retained Mode

13. what's the difference between immediate mode and retained mode